Comfort Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ExtendedStay
US$346
US$178
US$140
US$123
Best Western Valencia Inn(Santa Clarita)
US$134
Hyatt Regency Valencia(Santa Clarita)
US$145
US$142
  • Pool
US$153
US$165
US$145
Santa Clarita Motel(Santa Clarita)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
All reviewswafflesstayed heresix flagsmagic mountainwould stay here againjack in the boxtwo queensfree breakfastgood sizetwo queen bedswithin walking distancehot breakfastsofa sleepereasy accessshopping and restaurantscoffee makerrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I had high expectations based on recent reviews and was happy the manager on duty was able to find us a room prior to the set check in time. My family and I stayed for 3 nights with plans to visit Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. Unfortunately, that’s the only positive thing I have to report. Upon entering the room, we found the following:

Trash under the bed
Dental floss between the bed and the wall
Trash NEXT to the trash can
Worn dirty carpet
Splatter on the walls
Torn up couch
Bent lamp shade
Several stains on both bed spreads
Two hairs on the bathroom towels
Vent in the bathroom was full of dust
Air conditioner was full of dirt and grime
Pad of paper provided had only 2 sheets of paper that appeared to have been folded several times with writing on the back (no big deal, but really??)

We notified management and they said they would have the maid re-clean the room. When we returned that evening, the trash was picked up with the exception of the dental floss which was now in front of the couch. Only one of the hairs had been removed from the bathroom towels. Everything else listed above remained the same.

The following day the toilet clogged. Management was notified and it was fixed by the time we returned that evening, but never did we get any type of follow up or apology from management.

The breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold items, but due to the number of patrons taking advantage of it in a very small room, the place a mess and packed with people. We ended up eating in our room each morning.

The room was also small for a suite. In fact, the only thing that made it a “suite” was a small pull out couch and a little divider that separated the beds from the couch. We could also clearly hear people in the halls and in the rooms on either side.

As Six Flags season ticket holders, we are in the area often. Given the numerous other hotels in the area, we will not return to this hotel. I was very disappointed to say the least.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to avoid hearing kids running/jumping. The hotel is close to Six Flags and therefore full of kids.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank CanyonGirly
ChristopherLynch, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

I would like to offer sincerest apologies for your recent experience at our property. We are in our busiest season, and for reasons unacceptable, it looks like there were numerous housekeeping issues with your room. I would be more than happy to discuss the matter with you in further details if you would like to contact me at the hotel at 661-254-7700. You have my apologies, and I hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.

Christopher J. Lynch

Reviewed 13 July 2012

My family of 4 stayed here for our trip to Magic Mountain in June. I would definitely stay here again. The room (including bathroom) was very clean and updated. I heard no noise from other rooms. Beds were very comfortable and staff was courteous. The rates were reasonable as well.

The community the hotel is located in is perfect. It has a nice, safe, suburban feel with many nearby eateries / shops. I'd recommend this place to anyone planning to visit Magic Mountain.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank harobubba
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property while sharing your experience with others. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to having you back again in the future.

Christopher J. Lynch

Reviewed 3 July 2012

When I checked in, I asked if the hotel was recently remodeled and the response was negative. The place DOES look remodeled. I didn't see anything scuffed up or dinged in my room. Everything was clean. What more can I ask for?

Room Tip: The agent at the front desk warned me about the room being at the end of the hall by a stairwell. She also asked if I mind facing the freeway, which is 1.5 blocks away. My room's window is double-paned, so I didn't care.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul7878
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the property and range of complementary services. Very pleasant and helpful front desk staff. We were allowed to check in about 30 minutes early. Our room has a king size bed, as requested, sitting area with loveseat and two ottomans, work desk with desk lamp with two outlets and an additional three outlets and two USB ports, so recharging all of the electronics is painless. Also a microwave and refrigerator in a cabinet designed for them, with a shelf for the coffee maker. The dresser has 6 full-sized drawers, so plenty of room to unpack if you're staying more than a day or two. Bathroom is standard. Everything is clean and well-maintained. The room rate includes complementary breakfast, parking, and wifi. Also a business center in the lobby with free printing. The fax that another hotel wanted $5 to send was sent for free, with a smile, at the front desk. Also a small self-service laundry center on each floor, with a vending machine selling soap and softener. Includes a pool and fitness center. We generally prefer to stay in small, independent properties with character, but if we have to stay in a chain in the future, it will be Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr_QBatonRouge
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon!

Christopher Lynch

Reviewed 4 June 2012

My family and I took a short local mini vacation this past weekend as we went to Hurricane Harbors and Six Flags Magic Mountain. We stated with Hurricane Harbors and before 7 Pm we were so exhausted and instead of driving 1 hour away to go back home we decided to stop at your place. I got off the car to check out availability and that is when I was greeted by a young man. He was VERY Polite, helpful, Knowledgeable and very Courteous. In conversation with my daughter who was standing right next to me as we asked about rates and all. This young man was very helpful in assisting us and recommending your amenities. To make a long story short, we were given room #134. We ALL LOVED IT AS IT WAS RIGHT BY POOL AND SPA! We also loved your continental breakfast, soft yet firm beds, clean rooms, great service, *** no words can explain who much my family and I enjoyed staying at your Comfort Suites in Valencia. It was a PERFECT MINI VACATION AND ALL THANKS TO Andrew Berman who convinced us as to your great fantastic home away from HOME!!!!!
We stayed Saturday 6/2/12 and left 6/3/12 with big smiles on our faces.
***Great place, excelent value, we're all so very happy and will be back very soon***

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sara A
ChristopherLynch, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We always appreciate feedback, whether positive or negative, so that we can continually improve our services and amenities for all of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff, as well as Andrew in particular. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Christopher Lynch