“Good Budget-friendly Option for Families” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Sacramento, CA
“Good Budget-friendly Option for Families”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel is a good, decent, budget-friendly option for families with more than 2 kids (need a suite), just know that you get what you pay for. The good: the housekeeping staff was very friendly and worked miracles cleaning our room, the microwave and fridge worked well, and the pillows were really nice - they have both soft and firm available. The grounds are attractive and have ample parking, and the location is very convenient to Magic Mountain, gas stations, supermarkets, and restaurants/fast food. Walmart is conveniently a block away for incidentals.

The ok: Breakfast was pretty standard, similar to a typical Best Western. Bathroom felt a bit cramped.

The not so good: I asked for a crib for my toddler, they gave me a very used porta-crib (playpen with cushioned cardboard "mattress") meant for kids under 30 lbs. No thanks. Also, when I checked in, a guest was at the desk asking for a plunger. The next night, our toilet clogged, and we had to get the hotel plunger from another guestroom - might be a fluke, but made me wonder how often this happens. We were there for 3 days during the week yet really had to jockey to get to the waffle maker and just about everything else on the breakfast bar no matter no matter what point in the morning we got there, and they did start to run out of pastries about an hour before the end of breakfast. There are, however, lots of eateries nearby.

I would recommend this as a very decent budget option for families... but personally, I think next time, funds permitting, I will spend the extra $30/night for a suite with extras I missed here - a second tv in the sitting room, a second sink outside the bathroom, a real divider between living/bedroom, a table in the room to eat at instead of just a desk, a real mini-crib instead of the cheapie playpen, and a more spread out breakfast bar and dining room.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly appreciate the fact that you took the time to share in detail both the pros and the cons regarding your trip. I have shared your comment with our housekeeping staff as it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Regarding the crib and plumbing, you have my apologies if we did not live up to your expectations. While plumbing issues do not happen all of the time, they are definitely a reality that we address on a regular basis. I will personally look into the crib and see how we can upgrade. Thank you again and we would love to have you back again in the future if you are in need of accommodations.

Christopher J. Lynch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
California City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We love staying here. Great hotel for the cost and the staff is so friendly. We love the breakfast. Waffles with peanut butter and syrup yum with a cold cup of milk is the best. The location is incredible next to shopping and restaurants. Not to mention Six Flags is so close. Me and the hubby stay here everytime we are looking to travel this way.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LOLI1707
Thank you so much for sharing your travel experience with others! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide positive feedback for both the staff and our breakfast area. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff at our upcoming staff meeting. Please let us know if we can help you with any of your travel needs and we would love to have you back with us when you next pass through the area.

Los Banos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Arrived Monday 7/8 ,there was a problem with my reservation ,the young lady at the front desk checked it out and offered us the same room I had booked earlier with a 10% discount great ! Then the discount six flag tickets , the breakfast was great the kids really loved the waffles that were offered ,I only wished there was more tables and chairs we sat outside the patio smoking area that was the only seating available and of yes there was people smoking and was really unpleasant , overall besides the limited seating in the morning for breakfast everything was good will stay there again in the future my family felt safe and secure thanks again ,Price is great for the room

1 Thank Tony_Elizabeth
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with others. While I am sorry to hear that there was a problem with your reservation; I am very happy that we were able to resolve it and keep a happy guest! Thank you again for your feedback and I will share it with all of our staff at our next meeting.

Fair Oaks, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed one night. Not exactly what I would call a Suite. Sufficient for an overnight stay with the family. Close to Six Flags and easy to find. Nothing fancy. Room and hotel seemed generally well upkept. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was basic (ceriel, milk, juice, whole fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, and bread products). Would have been nice to have some potatoes or some other hot vegetarian (vegan) option. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool is outdoors and really small.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thank you very much for sharing the details of your stay with others. Feedback like yours allows us to constantly improve our services for our future guests. Please know that I've shared your comments with our breakfast staff to see how we can improve upon the service / options in the future. Thank you again and we'd love to have you back!

oro valley, az
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We arrived on 6/22. The rooms were nice and the breakfast buffet was very good. The eggs my wife had were delicious. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Since it is near 6 Flags Magic Mountain, there are a multitude of restaurants on The Old Road, which runs west of I-5. We ate at the Red Lobster which was about 3 miles north.

Room Tip: The facility is far enough away from I-5 that traffic noise is not an issue. Our room faced the int...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Ed,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review about our property! It's always wonderful to hear positive comments. Please know that I've shared your comments with our breakfast staff and we greatly appreciate the positive reinforcement. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us in the future!

Roswell, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and big, breakfast was great, and it is located close to everything. I really appreciated the front desk explaining everything to me and being wonderful hosts. Great hotel. I really have nothing bad to say. The hotel granted all our requests, all employees were sweet and just an overall great experience

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
As I read your review early this morning it was a pleasure to be able to call the hotel and read your review to my front desk staff on duty. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. We greatly appreciate feedback as it allows us to improve our services for all of our future guests. Thank you so much again and wishing you a fabulous 4th of July Week.

Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived here after multiple air delays, car rentals issues and with no luggage thanks to our airline. The gentlemen who checked us in was very sympathetic and equipped us with all he could for toiletries. They kept an eye out for our bags and let us know ASAP when they arrived. You can easily walk to many restaurants and stores (Walmart and Ralphs grocery) from the hotel. The only problem with the area is that the sidewalks just seem to disappear and you are walking on the road for a bit to get where you need to go.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Gina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. Our goal with all of our guests is to provide top notch customer service. Please know that I have shared your review with all of our staff and we truly hope you choose to stay here with us again in the future.

Thank you again!

BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn
BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!