“Same quality as years ago”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Stevenson Ranch
Poplar Grove, Illinois
“Same quality as years ago”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had stayed at this hotel many years ago, so we figured we would try it again. We were pleased to discover it was the same high quality we had experienced 10+ years ago. The beds were clean, comfortable, and the whole place was so clean it appeared new (maybe renovation has been done). The staff is helpful and friendly. The only "negative" I would say is that the continental breakfast is so popular, if you don't go early you may find they have run out of the things you want to eat. They have what to me is beyond a normal continental breakfast, there is bacon, eggs, and waffles along with the usual yogurts and muffins and such. All in all a good stay and we will most likely stay there again the next time we visit the L.A. area.

Room Tip: Be sure to reserve rooms well in advance...they fill up quickly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee29290
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate having you back with us and are delighted that you took the time to share your travel experience with others. The hotel has had ongoing improvements / renovations over the years as we are constantly trying to make sure that we can offer the best experience possible for all of our guests. Please know that I will be sure to share your comments with all of our team at our upcoming staff meeting. Thank you again, and we hope we see you again soon!

Christopher J. Lynch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived late in the evening so I didn't recognize much of anything at the time other than the way to my room. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and I got a great night's sleep. There were enough pillows which was great for me since I use 3 myself. The room was also very quiet so that was another plus. The staff were very friendly both in the evening and the morning. In the light of day I was able to appreciate how pretty the hotel was. Very nicely decorated and landscaped. Top notch for a Comfort Suites. Had a wonderful stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Rick,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us. I am very glad to hear you point out both the comfort of the beds and the friendly service provided by our staff. With our new "Pick Your Pillow" program, we have had a lot of great feedback. We would be delighted to have you stay with us again. Hopefully on your next trip you'll be able to get here a bit earlier and relax the day away! Wishing you a wonderful up and coming 4th of July!

Loveland, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for a week and loved this place! It was our temporary home base while we visited several beaches, museums, and other area attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was abundant, with many choices. Coffee available all the time. Pool is small but adequate. Walking distance to several fast food joints and very close to grocery stores. Easy access to I-5. We had a great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Leah,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback regarding our property. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I truly hope that we were able to provide you with a "Home Away From Home." Please know that I will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff at our upcoming staff meeting. We hope to see you again soon!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent 2 nights here over Memorial Day weekend. Room was spacious and clean. The showerhead was especially enjoyable - a rain shower type. The king sized bed was comfortable and they give you 2 pillows that are soft and 2 that are firm- a nice touch. The pool & jacuzzi were small and great for kids...but we didn't use them. Bkfst was good with eggs and bacon/sausage every day plus yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimmythec1
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Jimmy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We very much appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to share your travel experience with others. I am very glad to hear that you found the beds comfortable and am glad to hear you point out our newest options with our Choose Your Pillow program. Please know that I will be sure to share your comments with all of our staff. Hoping you had a fantastic Memorial Day!

Aldershot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hotel was lovely, breakfast very good but room very small but was able to take back to our room which was fortunately on the ground floor. Nice to have computers to check emails. Was offered an upgrade to king luxury room on arrival and they were shocked when we turned it down in favour of two beds we booked - hope someone else got it and enjoyed. Would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room as the breakfast room is small and crowded and you will be nearer to tak...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terry B
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and will be sure to share your comments with our breakfast staff. Thank you again and we definitely hope to see you again on your next trip out to the area.

Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Got this suite BLIND on HOTW**E for a great price. The room was large and equipped with microwave, fridge, and living area. Room was pretty clean but housekeeping might want to clean a tad better behind doors and in corners. Our family really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Really appreciated the big bin of fluffy towels poolside. Breakfast was very good. Hot items included meat, eggs, and waffles. There was a great array of cold choices as well. Coffee and tea were served all day. Our room was quiet and the location was great for us. Newer area that felt safe. Restaurants within walking distance. Shopping 3 minutes away. Six Flags Magic Mountain was an eight minute drive. Staff was friendly. Overall, I feel I got an exceptional value for the rate I paid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Thank you so much for your comments! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I greatly appreciate you recognizing both our staff and morning breakfast. Likewise, we greatly appreciate the constructive feedback regarding the corners of the rooms / doors. I will most definitely share your comments with our housekeeping staff to have the matter addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

New Westminster, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

All in all our stay was good, the hotel was conveniently located to all amenities, and the highway exit was very close by. The room was spacious and the beds comfortable. The breakfast food was very average. The pool was clean and the hot tub was nice and hot.

We were shocked at the lazy housekeeping though!! The first night was arrived, we discovered all sorts of left over food behind furniture, and one glass table was full of grease. There were french fries, pizza crusts,taco chips, sugar packs, and a lot of dust behind the night table and other furniture. We cleaned some of it ourselves because it was late, but it really was disturbing. We spoke to the manager the next day and he was apologetic, and the cleaners removed the food, but it still did not look vacuumed, and looked dusty. The manager did not follow up to see if we were satisfied. The phones were very old and did not work properly. The one beside the bed did not work at all and made clicking noises, so we had to unplug it. The hot water was variable. Very little shampoo provided.

I am not sure if I would stay here again, there are a lot of hotels in the area so I may check out something else the next time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room with an adjoining door, you can hear everyone's conversation in the next ro...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Christopher L, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Hedy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. Feedback, both positive and negative, constantly allow us to improve our services. I spoke with you in person but allow me to offer again my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced with our Housekeeping Department. Our goal is to make our hotel a "Home away from Home" for all of our guests and we clearly failed during your stay.

I apologize sincerely and I hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson Ranch
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Valencia
BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn
BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn
#11 of 15 in Santa Clarita

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!