“dirty, stinky, loud - don't go there!!!”
Review of Shore Lodge

Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Onley
Reviewed 7 September 2013

the most horrible place we've ever seen - we left it after 30min, because it was so dirty everywhere - the bedclothes had a lot of stains, the room was extremly poorly ventilated and smells like a dirty sock. There were bugs in the cupboards. The fridge and microwaver was not cleaned for a long time... we tried the bed, but after a few minutes our skin started to scratch (it is still now). DON'T GO THERE!!!

we didn't get back our money, so we payed 60$ (!) for a night in the car.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USASept13

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My visit was absolutely terrible.The sheets and pillowcases on the bed was black to cover over stains.We had to go to the nearby Walmart to purchase towels and wash clothes so we could take a bird bath in the sink ,since the bathroom was filthy ! We slept in the clothes that we traveled in ,for fear we had to make a quick escape. It was evident that the motel was home to some people engaged in questionable activity. Trust me when I say " when you see the sign for The Shore Lodge keep on moving at 100 mph ! " You would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JOYMC2011
Reviewed 15 July 2013

On our way home from Kiptopeke State Park to Philadelphia, our heads began bobbing late in the foggy night. We saw the sign for this hotel and quickly decided then we should spend the night. No one came to the door the first time I rang the bell, nor did they say anything, so I rang again. A tall, thin man got up from behind the desk and shouted "HERE I COME GODDAMNIT". The office reeked so badly of cigarettes it was intolerable. The hotel is really ugly, the rooms stink; but at least we found a place to rest up a bit in the middle of nowhere for only $60!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank VincekK
Reviewed 16 March 2013

If you like a room that smells heavily of beer vomit and old smoke, if you like the plumbing broken, if you like a rug that is larded with filth, if you like navy polyester knit bedsheets and plastic matress pads - you are going to love Shore Lodge. We had paid for a week, non returnable, and left after one night. And happy to be gone. For $11 more, you can go half mile north to the very normal and clean Quality Inn. Run!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vwp
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have been to this hotel and I must say the people who work there are very friendly and very helpful..The rooms are very clean...I just saw the review from someone in 2007, new managers are running the place now, I would recommend this place to my friends and family, very reasonable rates too..The best thing is they accept pets, and I must say my pets are my family so where I go they go....Enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mary F
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I needed a room for 3 nights and found this place to be very nice,the owners explained that they had just recently took over the place and in the past it had some rumors about the place being not very nice,the room was very clean and had everything i needed and even though they were just about booked up its was very quite and clean and was always someone in the office,i locked myself out twice and there was always someone there to let me in and they didnt even charge me for it,i saw the review from 2007 and this is def not the same place i would recommend this place to anyone who doesnt want to over pay for a chain hotel room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank chris t
Reviewed 7 June 2007

We would have been better off to keep on driving.... We got caught in a storm during our drive down from NY to the Outer Banks and needed a place to stay, which also accepted dogs. Several other motels/hotels we stopped at would not accept the dog, so when this place said yes we were very happy. The room was not even fit for our dog though. It was incredibly filthy and run down. We slept in our clothes and put sweatshirts over the pillows because of the filth on the bedding. The lock on the door did not work and therefore I was very happy our dog was with us. The other guests were very loud and through the paper thin walls we had to hear cussing and screaming until about 3am in the morning. Upon check out the next morning I informed the manager on duty and he did not make any notion that he wanted to correct the situation - as if this was normal. For the price - $71.40 plus $10 for a dog - this was a horrible and expensive experience . Not reccommended.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank nicomom

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!