“shore lodge”
Review of Shore Lodge

Shore Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Onley
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was very people friendly ! The place had plenty of parkingspots...Shopping and restaurant across the street ...If you needed anything just ask . I had a peaceful sleep ... Some of the reviews must of had blinders on the place was nothing like they said they were ...The managers take pride of what they've accomplished there ...They did a GREAT job !!! Stop by and check-in !!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna T

Reviewed 9 April 2014

i go there often to stay and I love going. shore lodge is my get away place out of the city, the rooms are clean, I am not sure where the dirty cupboards were because there isn't any in rooms. the furniture is nice the bedding clean and fresh towels in rooms. joni and john are kind people that go out of their way to make you comfortable, they even bring me home cooked food that is awesome. who wants to eat out after being on the road. the price is right clean rooms and great people running the shore lodge. stop by and check it out they will make your stay a great one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed 1 February 2014

When i read the other reviews i was very skeptical of staying at THE SHORE LODGE. but i was so pleasantly surprised. I was greeted at the front desk by the manager of the property. we had arrived about 2 hours before the official check in time, and she smiled warmly and said." not a problem". I asked to see some of the rooms and each one was clean and inviting. It kind of reminded me of the places my family would stay at when we would travel across country when i was a kid. A fun nostalgic throw back. I checked the bedding and towels, and they were in perfect condition. I can only assume, that after reading the other reviews the owners bought all new linens. The Bathroom was spotless,microwave sparkling. and after checking in, I got a knock on the door inviting me to come out and sit outside with the manager couple as the sun was just setting. She asked if i was hungry and preceded to bring me a plate of the best pot roast i have ever had.. Still more of that home town feel, i miss at chain hotels. Now, it is not fancy, It does not pretend to be. What is, is a charming throw back to gentler time. i slept well all night on a very comfortable bed, . t was quiet and i never heard or saw any of those "questionable people" mentioned in the other reviews. When i mentioned this to Joni, the manager, she assured me that any problems had been addressed by the owners, herself and her staff.. and i loved that i only had to but ask for extra towels, for a big stack to appear in seconds. i paid $65.00 off season, and i really feel i got a deal. And one more thing.. i was craving a nice dinner out, and Joan and her husband recommended several choices. i opted for the cafe almost across the street, and loved it... maybe the lodge had some problems before, but, when i visited , i saw none if the nightmare problems others had experienced. It was clear to me, that this was a clean well run motel, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. i would recommend it anytime to anyone, who is passing through that part of Virginia. I know i will stay there again... p.s. the free coffee in the office was some of the best i have tasted.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank goodtast
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was the most disgusting hotel I've ever had the misfortune of staying in. The room (and entire place for that matter) was FILTHY!!! There were bugs, stained and filthy towels & sheets and a plate of food in the fridge that appeared to be months old. I was also put out by the questionable clientele, one of whom tried to beat down my door while looking for his girlfriend who was in the room next to me. Scary, dirty and outright disgusting.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TracyK790
Reviewed 7 September 2013

the most horrible place we've ever seen - we left it after 30min, because it was so dirty everywhere - the bedclothes had a lot of stains, the room was extremly poorly ventilated and smells like a dirty sock. There were bugs in the cupboards. The fridge and microwaver was not cleaned for a long time... we tried the bed, but after a few minutes our skin started to scratch (it is still now). DON'T GO THERE!!!

we didn't get back our money, so we payed 60$ (!) for a night in the car.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USASept13
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My visit was absolutely terrible.The sheets and pillowcases on the bed was black to cover over stains.We had to go to the nearby Walmart to purchase towels and wash clothes so we could take a bird bath in the sink ,since the bathroom was filthy ! We slept in the clothes that we traveled in ,for fear we had to make a quick escape. It was evident that the motel was home to some people engaged in questionable activity. Trust me when I say " when you see the sign for The Shore Lodge keep on moving at 100 mph ! " You would be better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JOYMC2011
Reviewed 15 July 2013

On our way home from Kiptopeke State Park to Philadelphia, our heads began bobbing late in the foggy night. We saw the sign for this hotel and quickly decided then we should spend the night. No one came to the door the first time I rang the bell, nor did they say anything, so I rang again. A tall, thin man got up from behind the desk and shouted "HERE I COME GODDAMNIT". The office reeked so badly of cigarettes it was intolerable. The hotel is really ugly, the rooms stink; but at least we found a place to rest up a bit in the middle of nowhere for only $60!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank VincekK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onley
Quality Inn & Suites
Waterside Inn
Waterside Inn
#5 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Marina Bay Hotel & Suites, an As...
#7 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
The Charlotte Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Shore Lodge? Share your experiences!