“A must do on you vacation”
Review of Wake Maui

Wake Maui
Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Ka'anapali
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was amazing. Ryan is so accommodating, and keeps reminding you that this is your rental, and we can do whatever. We wakeboarded, wake surfed, and snorkeled, and the smiles on the kids' faces were worth every penny and more. This should be at the top of everyone's to-do list while on Maui. Now my kids want a new boat!

2  Thank sbeets

Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you plan on wakeboarding or snorkeling this is a must do. Stay away from the big boats with 60+ people and spend the day with your family with Ryan and his boat. We decided on a couple of hours of wakeboarding and a couple of hours of snorkeling.

Ryan was great with the kids (and us) as this was our first experience wakeboarding. He was patient and spent time working with us on trying to get out of the water. My son and wife got up immediately even though they never wakeboarded before. My daughter and I struggled a bit, but we did both get up brielfly with Ryan's coaching.

Ryan took us to two snorkel spots. The first was an old sunken pier which was great for seeing turtles and fish. My wife spotted an eel and I saw a trumpet fish. The second spot was by Black Rock where we saw 5 Stingrays swimming in formation.

Ryan is a great guy and he basically told us it was our day and we could do whatever we wanted to do. I highly recommend.

2  Thank ABC999
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Went out with Ryan for an early morning ride with my wife it's was a great experience to wakeboard in the pacific, I even learned to wake surf! Ryan took us for a sightseeing tour on the way back was nice to see maui from the water in a more personal environment. If you visit Maui this needs to be on your to do list, we will definitely be repeat customers! Overall wake Maui deserves a 6/5 but trip advisor won't let me!

2  Thank Chevette_boy
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We first found Captain Ryan through trip advisor two years ago in 2010 when we went to Kaanapali. This time we decided to stay in the Wailea area and because we had so much fun last time we called Ryan and he happily met us in Lahaina harbor so we didn't have to drive all the way to Kaanapali. The drive from Wailea to Lahaina is well worth it maybe 35 minutes at the most. If you book a morning charter with Wake Maui you can be done in time to hit up Aloha mixed plate for lunch just down the street. Anyway, we started out the day with a tour up the Kaanapali coast to the north shore...none of us had seen that area up by the Ritz-Carlton before and they had a good snorkeling spot there. We did some wake-surfing for a while, some snorkeling, and finally some tubing! Yep, he recently acquired a tube and wow was that fun to hold onto. There are so many large, impersonal boat tours out there...if you want a more personal and customizable experience Wake Maui is for you. He will even take you whale-watching when they are in season. He has snorkel gear for you to use but you are welcome to bring your own as well. Enjoy!

1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 3 September 2012

On our next to last day in Maui, our four children (14 to 23) went wake boarding with Ryan of Wake Maui. It was the highlight of their trip. The oldest was an experienced wake boarder on lakes, but the introduction of ocean waves made the time memorable. The other three had never been on a board and loved every minute of their time. We have some awesome videos of the events.

Mom and Dad were not quite this adventurous, but Maui is Maui.

1  Thank Gary G