“Wake Maui No Ka Oi”

San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wake Maui No Ka Oi”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I've spent a lot of time in Hawaii and this is one of the best things you can do with your time there. Captain Ryan is experienced, attentive, safe and a roll model for just about anyone. If you are planning a trip of any kind this is the way to go!!! I recommend it to all my friends visiting Maui

Visited May 2013
1 Thank J S

Edmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wake Maui is a "One of a kind Maui Experience"”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We have been to Maui a few times and thought we had done it all. Our first trip to Maui, we did the typical touristy tours such as snorkelling at Molokini with a large catamaran. It was okay, but of course crowded, impersonal, and inflexible. Since then we have steered clear of theses types of activities. It was so refreshing to have found Ryan and Wake Maui because we still love being out at sea on a boat but the private charter allowed us the freedom to wakeboard, wake surf, snorkel, and just cruise and enjoy a few hours of fun and relaxation. Ryan was super accommodating and made sure we got a new and different experience. Even the snorkel spot he picked for us was unique (a collapsed pier that has since turned into an artificial reef with lots of sea life to see). Ryan, as you can imagine, grew up wake boarding and wake surfing so he is also a great teacher if you are new to the sport. His tips and guidance helped us improve our skills too! Overall, a great way to spend a few hours in Maui.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Lesley&Mike
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do on you vacation”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This was amazing. Ryan is so accommodating, and keeps reminding you that this is your rental, and we can do whatever. We wakeboarded, wake surfed, and snorkeled, and the smiles on the kids' faces were worth every penny and more. This should be at the top of everyone's to-do list while on Maui. Now my kids want a new boat!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank sbeets
Chicago
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you plan on wakeboarding or snorkeling this is a must do. Stay away from the big boats with 60+ people and spend the day with your family with Ryan and his boat. We decided on a couple of hours of wakeboarding and a couple of hours of snorkeling.

Ryan was great with the kids (and us) as this was our first experience wakeboarding. He was patient and spent time working with us on trying to get out of the water. My son and wife got up immediately even though they never wakeboarded before. My daughter and I struggled a bit, but we did both get up brielfly with Ryan's coaching.

Ryan took us to two snorkel spots. The first was an old sunken pier which was great for seeing turtles and fish. My wife spotted an eel and I saw a trumpet fish. The second spot was by Black Rock where we saw 5 Stingrays swimming in formation.

Ryan is a great guy and he basically told us it was our day and we could do whatever we wanted to do. I highly recommend.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank ABC999
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“You need to do this!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Went out with Ryan for an early morning ride with my wife it's was a great experience to wakeboard in the pacific, I even learned to wake surf! Ryan took us for a sightseeing tour on the way back was nice to see maui from the water in a more personal environment. If you visit Maui this needs to be on your to do list, we will definitely be repeat customers! Overall wake Maui deserves a 6/5 but trip advisor won't let me!

2 Thank Chevette_boy