“So much fun we booked it twice”
Review of Wake Maui

Wake Maui
Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Ka'anapali
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Wake Maui was the highlight of my families trip to Maui. We read the great reviews and found out about the half day special where you can alternate between a number of different activities. There were six of us that went on the boat and it was so convenient that Ryan picked us up right outside the Westin. We went wake surfing, snorkelling and whale watching and had the time of our lives. At the end of our session we booked another half day special with Ryan for a few days later. The wake surfing was so much fun that we wanted to try it again. I am so glad we did, because the second time we went out we got to swim near huge turtles and got much better at the wake sports. I had never wake surfed before and was nervous but Ryan was an amazing teacher and I got up on the third try! We did a lot of other activities while in Maui - but this was by far the highlight and best value by far.

4  Thank Naf D

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We had an amazing day wakeboarding and snorkelling with Ryan. He's a great guy and does everything he can to ensure you have a blast! He gave great instruction & was very complimentary throughout which made my wife & I feel really good about our wakeboarding abilities....I would fully recommend this trip with Ryan to everybody visiting Maui.... FUN DAY GUARANTEED!!

2  Thank Macbox1
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What can I say except, "Wow!" What an amazing day we had with Ryan! There were 4 of us, all different ages and athletic ability, but we all wakeboarded and had the time of our lives! Ryan is a really wonderful guy and a great instructor. He is easygoing and fun, and really made sure we had a great experience. If I could give him and the experience 10 stars, I would!

2  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was our third and fourth excursion with Ryan. As usual, he was fantastic! He really cares about your experience and he does whatever you want to do. Granted, many may not be able to afford a private 4 hour charter, but I have to say he really is worth the cost. In those four hours, we wake boarded - he was able to teach newbies how to do it, we snorkeled, we did a speed boat ride and we swam around near the turtles. Ryan knew just where to take us for each event. I do recommend morning since the water is far less choppy than in the afternoon.

Ryan is a great guide. He listens and he helps as he can. He even let me borrow a diving mask for the week since it was the first I found that fit my face in years. No questions asked - he just did it.

So, I recommend you try Ryan and wake Maui if you can. Each adventure (again this was the third and fourth) was better than the last. I can't put into words how much fun this trip always is.

Enjoy your Maui time no matter what you end up doing!!

4  Thank WorldTravelerFun
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wakeboarding with spinner dolphins and snorkeling with sea turtles on our 1st day in Maui - Ryan was a great guide! He was a FANTASTIC instructor for the inexperienced riders in our group and a great driver for our "hot-shots". He gave us memories our family won't ever forget!

1  Thank Megan356