“A fun time had by all (even the observer!)”
Review of West Maui Parasail

West Maui Parasail
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Ka'anapali
More attraction details
Owner description: Parasailing is the best way to get High on Maui. You can fly single, Tandem (2 people together), or triple 3 people flying together. We have 2 locations: The first is in downtown Lahaina in Lahaina Harbor at slip #15. The second is on the beach in Kaanapali just a 3 minute walk north of Whalers Village. Look for our Yellow umbrella's and yellow shuttle boat. Watch for our Flying Yellow Smiley Parasail's - if you see a "Yellow Smiley Parasil" - That's us!We have a fleet of Parasail boats and our 2 newest are 12 passengers to be able to carry those larger groups. The whole boat trip takes about an hour and should be the Highlight of your trip!
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family (3 kids, 15, 13, & 9) had a blast with West Maui Parasail. Only my wife had parasailed before and that was many years ago. We did two tandem rides at 800'. Paying the extra $10/pp for 1200' is questionable value for money. I think the experience would be (for the most part) the same. Especially given you're already paying quite a lot for 9-10 minutes in the air. As for the experience, my wife and kids (I was an observer) echoed the other reviews when they mention safety (top notch gear and instruction), peacefulness (can barely hear the boat) and views (could see Maui, Lanai, Moloka'I, Kaho'Olawe and Molokini).

As an observer (afraid of heights) and was able to get some great photos of the family. I still had to pay $35 to be on the boat, which is a bit steep, but I understand that I'm taking up a spot of another potential flyer. The crew on the boat was great (JD and Dragon) and the taxi crew was also nice. Our boat was full (12 people, 9 flyers, 3 observers) but everyone was great (all NorCal folks). We left from the Lahaina harbor and the check in and preparation process was very easy, just be sure to get there 20-30 minutes before your scheduled departure so you don't hold up the taxi.

Overall, a great experience that I'd highly recommend for anyone looking to do something different on Maui.

2  Thank Ringo777

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I read the reviews first and was glad we picked West Maui Parasail (the company with the yellow smiley face parachutes). We did the 1200 ft tandem parasail and the view was pretty great. The crew was friendly and fun and it wasn't scary. We had such a great time that I sent my parents parasailing with West Maui Parasail the next day.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great crew and shore staff. Very engaged with the customers throughout the ride and felt very safe with their preparations before take off! One of my bucket list items completed with a great company. Try it!

1  Thank DaveBi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I took my 9 yr old son for his first time and the crew was amazing! They were friendly and professional. My son had a great time and it was one of the highlights of the vacation for him.

1  Thank Jenn C
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We just did this last week, everyone on the crew was super nice and made the experience awesome. We definitely want to do it again.

1  Thank Mike_depuy