“Amazeballs!”
Review of West Maui Parasail

West Maui Parasail
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Ka'anapali
More attraction details
Owner description: Parasailing is the best way to get High on Maui. You can fly single, Tandem (2 people together), or triple 3 people flying together. We have 2 locations: The first is in downtown Lahaina in Lahaina Harbor at slip #15. The second is on the beach in Kaanapali just a 3 minute walk north of Whalers Village. Look for our Yellow umbrella's and yellow shuttle boat. Watch for our Flying Yellow Smiley Parasail's - if you see a "Yellow Smiley Parasil" - That's us!We have a fleet of Parasail boats and our 2 newest are 12 passengers to be able to carry those larger groups. The whole boat trip takes about an hour and should be the Highlight of your trip!
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazeballs!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Such a fun experience! Highly recommend it. Even for those who fear heights like my husband, he had a blast on our honeymoon conquering his fear! the take off is slow and fun and being up there is magical and so relaxing!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank ScheanaMarie

Dallas, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Nice flight”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is our 3rd time to parasail. All three experiences have pretty much been the same so I can't say West Maui is better than another company, but I can say that everything about the parasail was a great experience. The crew were great and definitely knew what they were doing. They joked around making the boat ride a pleasure. The driver was very conscious of what he was doing. He didn't do that much talking as he was focused on the people in the air.

I chose West Maui because I liked their parachute better than UFOs. I preferred the smiley face in my pictures over the letters UFO. The reason I only gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because the pictures of my husband and son didn't come out as the photographer was shooting the pictures right into the sun. If pictures are important to you, I bet you could simply ask the driver to drive into the sun so the camera will be pointed away from the sun. The disk of pictures is $30.

You can choose between 800 or 1200 feet of line. There is a difference in price. I have done both and in my opinion they both felt the same.

There is an early bird special of $5 off. Our party of 4 went out for the early bird and it was $260.

1 Thank miamivice2011
Lahaina, Hawaii
“I Got High On Maui”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stoked Out On The Crew, From Sea Level To Sky High, Had an Awesome Time, Sean Was Are First Captain We Encountered, VERY FRIENDLY, Knowledgeable of The Ocean And Though Our Boat Ride With Him Was Short, it Was For Sure Memorable, He Transported Us To "Chute Happens" Their Parasail boat,(I Love That Name) We Were Instantly Entertained By a Crew Member Named Dragon, Can't Say Enough Great Things About Him, Really Brought an ALOHA STYLE to Our Experience,(DRAGONS AWESOME) Our Captain During The Excursion Was JD. We Felt Safe And Sound The Whole Trip, Enjoyed His Conversation And Recommendations, Personally Want to Thank The Whole Crew, SEAN, JD, AND DRAGON, MAHALO

Puyallup, WA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“dunking our daughter!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The check in staff are great, the crew for the boats are experienced and knowledgable, and they are great and putting nervous clients at ease.. not to mention, they are very amenable to adding a little extra splash when asked. While they offered photo they were also very agreeable to me using my iphone to capture take off and landings. When we are ready for another round we will be using this group.

2 Thank ZimZim1
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A fun time had by all (even the observer!)”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family (3 kids, 15, 13, & 9) had a blast with West Maui Parasail. Only my wife had parasailed before and that was many years ago. We did two tandem rides at 800'. Paying the extra $10/pp for 1200' is questionable value for money. I think the experience would be (for the most part) the same. Especially given you're already paying quite a lot for 9-10 minutes in the air. As for the experience, my wife and kids (I was an observer) echoed the other reviews when they mention safety (top notch gear and instruction), peacefulness (can barely hear the boat) and views (could see Maui, Lanai, Moloka'I, Kaho'Olawe and Molokini).

As an observer (afraid of heights) and was able to get some great photos of the family. I still had to pay $35 to be on the boat, which is a bit steep, but I understand that I'm taking up a spot of another potential flyer. The crew on the boat was great (JD and Dragon) and the taxi crew was also nice. Our boat was full (12 people, 9 flyers, 3 observers) but everyone was great (all NorCal folks). We left from the Lahaina harbor and the check in and preparation process was very easy, just be sure to get there 20-30 minutes before your scheduled departure so you don't hold up the taxi.

Overall, a great experience that I'd highly recommend for anyone looking to do something different on Maui.

2 Thank Ringo777