“Watch the clock - I got jipped!”
Review of Spa Rejuva

Spa Rejuva
Ranked #11 of 14 things to do in Ka'anapali
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My 1 hour (i.e. 60 minute) massage was scheduled for 9:00am. At 9:10 I was finally welcomed into the massage room (I know because I checked my phone just before I laid down on the table.) At 10:00 the massage was over. I asked the girl at reception if it was a 50 minute massage or a 60 minute massage. She said 60 minutes. I said, "well the massage started at 9:10 and it's 10:00 so I only got 50 minutes." She apologized and gave me $10 off. The massage therapist (Danny) apologized and said he had to switch rooms at the last minute, but didn't do anything froo froo. a) WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! and b) don't penalize my time because you had to move rooms, that's not MY fault, I got there early.

While Danny gave a fine massage and I don't have anything bad to say about my massage, this mis-management of time really ruined my relaxing experience. I was on vacation with my 1 year old and husband. This was my one hour away and I got jipped 10 minutes of it. I really needed those extra 10 minutes of massage and as a full-time stay-at-home mom I deserved it. I had planned to pay the $89 and didn't care about $10, I wanted those 10 minutes. I felt it was extremely unprofessional of them to start the massage so late but moreover to cut my time short because of it. The $10 back really didn't make up for this mistake and I encourage anyone who goes there to really watch their clock to be sure they don't get jipped like I did. Hopefully the manager of this establishment will read this review and crack down on this sloppy time management - maybe invest in an alarm clock of sorts?!

Also - we were charged TAX on my massage. I don't feel like I remember ever being charged tax on a massage before. Maybe this is a Hawaii thing? Who knows, but it was a little odd.

2  Thank tinytraveller87

Reviewed 14 June 2013

As the title says, I was VERY happy with my massage. I had Veronique (spelling?) - she used great pressure, she REALLY dug into my neck and upper back which I really needed (as discussed) and I was definitely sore the next day. She was very friendly and I would highly recommend her. Only tiny gripe is at the end she did one foot, but forgot to do the other, I felt kinda lopsided walking out lol but wasn't a big deal, though I guess it might have been to others. I was very happy with the massage, but...

My wife and I traveled with our 1 year old so our schedules were kind of tight. We relaxed on vacation, I just mean we based each of our massages around specific times for the baby. I had a 10am appointment, I arrived around 9:50am. The lady at the front, a little older, maybe 50s-60s or so, was friendly but not particularly welcoming. Just handed me a clipboard and went back to her phone conversation. I thought that was weird. I didn't have a watch on me but after waiting awhile I asked her what time it was. She responded 10:02...it will be just a few more minutes. My massage didn't begin til 10:15am. I got my full hour, but that's not totally the point. I just found it weird that my massage not only started 15 minutes late, but that it didn't seem to phase or bother anyone work there. Maybe it is common practice there, I'm not really sure? I know it's Hawaii, relax, etc. but if I schedule something from 10-11, I DIDN'T schedule it to be 10:15-11:15. Follow me?

Overall, a good massage experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My cousin and I decided to get a spur of the moment massage. We were tired with sore muscles from the previous day of snorkeling and hiking. We went online and read reviews from the various spas. Spa Rejuva was very reasonably priced considering the other options. We walked to the location. The receptionist was not super attentive, she was friendly, but was not super eager to book us. She was just very relaxed. Maybe we were just uptight Californians.
We did book appointments and arrived to our appointment a little early. There was a little flexing time and waiting as we wanted to both get the same massage and mini facial. We relaxed in their Quite room. I think we both fell asleep. Then we both went off to have our massage. This was the best "Lomi Lomi" massage I had ever had. The facial was a little less impressive, but I dont think that was really this therapists specialty. It did not matter. It was still a good experience. I am happy with how I felt afterwards. Oh, the place was clean.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Visited this place twice during our stay. My husband had a great experience with V.. He came back for another visit. My first visit with Brenda was great. I would visit her again. My second time I had a guy.. he was awful... I would never go back to visit again, unless I was specific on a therapist.