“NICE SPA EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“NICE SPA EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

What a nice way to end the week in Maui. Everyone was so friendly and the cost is very reasonable. I had a hot stone massage and a sea salt body polish and loved them both. Thanks so much.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sunwest42

Manton, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Massage Ok, Keep Medical Opinions toYourself”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Sent my wife for a 1 hour massage on the advice of our resort concierge. She had been there a couple of years ago when we were on Maui and looked forward to it. She said that the massage was no where near the quality of the one she had on our previous trip. She also was very unhappy when the massage therapist told her that she needed to do various physical therapy activities. A few days later she went to a small spa and solon near the Whalers store in Kahana and was very happy with it. Choose wisely!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank jsems00
Bellingham, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A nice and affordable massage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I planned a massage at Spa Rejuva with my newly-wed wife even after reading the reviews... Happy I did. I chose to get our massages on our arrival day figuring that we would be sore from the long flight and not sunburned yet. This was a great idea and perfect timing for us! They are running a $79 special which is nearly half the price of any of the hotel spas in the area.

Don't expect fancy fountains or botanical gardens inside but do expect a fair massage. We got a 'couples' massage which basically meant a sliding door and curtain was opened up between the two massage rooms. I paid $10 extra for deep tissue (I'm a fairly experienced massage receiver) and she wanted the $10 adder for the hot stones. I got Derek and I felt he did a really good job at the deep tissue work; he asked how the pressure was about 4 times during the massage you get a chance to "bail out" if deep tissue turns out to be not your thing. She also enjoyed her massage but can't remember her name.

There's a clock in the room, so you can get an idea if you are getting your full hour. I did not note the start time but I do suspect that we didn't get started until 5-10 minutes after our official starting time. From my experience this is somewhat normal.

I'm giving this place 4 stars, not because it's the fanciest massage and not because it's the best massage, but it is so affordable and the perfect way to start your trip.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank mattster03
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Watch the clock - I got jipped!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

My 1 hour (i.e. 60 minute) massage was scheduled for 9:00am. At 9:10 I was finally welcomed into the massage room (I know because I checked my phone just before I laid down on the table.) At 10:00 the massage was over. I asked the girl at reception if it was a 50 minute massage or a 60 minute massage. She said 60 minutes. I said, "well the massage started at 9:10 and it's 10:00 so I only got 50 minutes." She apologized and gave me $10 off. The massage therapist (Danny) apologized and said he had to switch rooms at the last minute, but didn't do anything froo froo. a) WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! and b) don't penalize my time because you had to move rooms, that's not MY fault, I got there early.

While Danny gave a fine massage and I don't have anything bad to say about my massage, this mis-management of time really ruined my relaxing experience. I was on vacation with my 1 year old and husband. This was my one hour away and I got jipped 10 minutes of it. I really needed those extra 10 minutes of massage and as a full-time stay-at-home mom I deserved it. I had planned to pay the $89 and didn't care about $10, I wanted those 10 minutes. I felt it was extremely unprofessional of them to start the massage so late but moreover to cut my time short because of it. The $10 back really didn't make up for this mistake and I encourage anyone who goes there to really watch their clock to be sure they don't get jipped like I did. Hopefully the manager of this establishment will read this review and crack down on this sloppy time management - maybe invest in an alarm clock of sorts?!

Also - we were charged TAX on my massage. I don't feel like I remember ever being charged tax on a massage before. Maybe this is a Hawaii thing? Who knows, but it was a little odd.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank tinytraveller87
los angeles
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“if rated just on massage, would be 4 or 5 stars, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

As the title says, I was VERY happy with my massage. I had Veronique (spelling?) - she used great pressure, she REALLY dug into my neck and upper back which I really needed (as discussed) and I was definitely sore the next day. She was very friendly and I would highly recommend her. Only tiny gripe is at the end she did one foot, but forgot to do the other, I felt kinda lopsided walking out lol but wasn't a big deal, though I guess it might have been to others. I was very happy with the massage, but...

My wife and I traveled with our 1 year old so our schedules were kind of tight. We relaxed on vacation, I just mean we based each of our massages around specific times for the baby. I had a 10am appointment, I arrived around 9:50am. The lady at the front, a little older, maybe 50s-60s or so, was friendly but not particularly welcoming. Just handed me a clipboard and went back to her phone conversation. I thought that was weird. I didn't have a watch on me but after waiting awhile I asked her what time it was. She responded 10:02...it will be just a few more minutes. My massage didn't begin til 10:15am. I got my full hour, but that's not totally the point. I just found it weird that my massage not only started 15 minutes late, but that it didn't seem to phase or bother anyone work there. Maybe it is common practice there, I'm not really sure? I know it's Hawaii, relax, etc. but if I schedule something from 10-11, I DIDN'T schedule it to be 10:15-11:15. Follow me?

Overall, a good massage experience.

Visited June 2013