“Caitlin at the Westin Kaanapali Villas is the BEST!!!”
Review of 5 Star Scuba

5 Star Scuba
Ranked #6 of 12 things to do in Ka'anapali
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Caitlin at the Westin Kaanapali Villas is the BEST!!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

What a FANTASTIC experience!!! My husband is PADI open water certified and thought I might like to try scuba diving on our honeymoon here in Maui. Our hotel, the Westin Villas, works with Five Star Scuba to offer introductory scuba lessons from our hotel beach.

We stopped in and met Caitlin and she told us all there was to know about how the intro dive worked. From the moment we met her we knew we were going to have a great experience!!

A few days later we showed up for our intro dive and I was a little nervous. I have tried snorkeling and hated it! Swallowed too much water in really choppy water :/ but Caitlin and my husband assured me I would have a great time.

The best was that we started in the pool to learn the basic skills and to get the hang of breathing with a regulator. I felt so ready to get in the ocean after that!

Once we got in the water, I loved it! At one point I had a bit of a panic attack because I was overthinking the breathing but Caitlin was AWESOME!!! She calmed me down and reassured me and from then on I had one of the greatest experiences of my life!!

I would recommend this to anyone, ESPECIALLY if you can go with Caitlin...she was awesome and now I'm hooked on diving!! :)

1 Thank MsLeah_88

Zurich
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great choice for Scuba!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We camo to maui without any plans concerning diving... At the hotel resort we've booked a "scuba discovering" activity organized by 5* scuba.
After that we immediately booked the scuba-diver course....
It was amazing!!! José (the 5* scuba instructor) is a great guy and instructor and we saw turtels, sharks, slates and a lot of beautiful corals.

We're so thankful for this amazing experience we could made!

Ana & Josip

Seoul, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“5 Star Service!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I took my "refresher" session with Jose prior to my dive with the hammerhead sharks. He was very professional and flexible to my "ambiguous" schedule. I took another trip with him to the Mala Ramp and think I liked it better than the hammerhead dive (with another dive shop). I saw some shark friends (and laid on the bottom of the sand staring at them) and many turtles….really AWESOME! During my Hawaiian dives, I needed more weights than any of my previous dive experiences, and Jose even gave up his own weights and ended up picking up a piece of brick from the ocean (SORRY!!!)! :) I wish I had more time for the night dive, but there's always a next time. Thank you very much Jose! MAHALO!!!

Visited December 2013
Royal Oak, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Experience of the Entire Vacation”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt in Maui and had spoken with Jose prior to getting to the island. We asked the typical novice questions and he was great over the phone. The experience only got better once we got there. My wife and I were on our Honeymoon and wanted to try something new and different so we decided to give Scuba a try. The diving was fantastic, but even better than that was how great Jose and Amy were. They were accommodating, patient, informative, knowledgable, and any other positive attribute that you can think of.

It's not often that we write reviews, and personally we are a little skeptical when we read others' reviews. Jose and Amy however, were off the charts amazing. We were able to dive Mala, the reef by the Hyatt, and Black Rock twice. Each time we saw different and amazing sea life. We even were able to hear whales on one dive!

I'm not sure that we will be back to Maui any time soon (there is a big world still to see!), but if we did find ourselves back there I am 100% confident that we would dive with Jose and Amy again. We did a ton of activities during our two weeks stay on the Hawaiin islands; Haleakala, Road to Hana, Snorkeling, Akaka Falls, Kona coffee tours, Helicopter rides, Kilauea volcano, Napaili coast, etc... and we both fully agreed that our experiences with Jose and Amy on Maui were the best.

GIve them a try, or at least take the time to go and speak with them to form your own opinions. I am confident that you will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jody C
Saint Louis, Missouri
“5 Star is Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Didn't intend to dive this trip (didn't bring my own personal equipment), but spoke to Jose and felt motivated to make the time. More than glad I did. 5 Star loans very good equipment and I felt comfortable and confident using it. Completed two dives and wish I had time for the Black Rock night dive. Dove twice with Amy. She recommended the off shore reef first. Saw several turtles, plenty of fish and a beautiful reef. Great first dive. Her second recommendation was Mala Wharf. Plenty of fish, turtles and 4 or 5 white tip's. Exactly as advertised. Excellent second dive.

Jose is very professional and accommodating. Amy is a very enthusiastic diver. Read the disappointed reviewers comments, but can't agree on any point. Highly recommend this group.

Visited November 2013