“Very Expensive But Worth It”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Son'z Steakhouse

Son'z Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Son'z Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Price range: US$20 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Recognized as Ka'anapali's premier steakhouse, Son'z Steakhouse focuses on high quality steaks and chops, fresh seafood and an array of signature appetizers and entrees. Located at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, the fine dining restaurant overlooks the warmly lit lagoon and foliage of the beautiful Swan Court. Son'z Steakhouse features an elegant wine cellar that holds 1,500 bottles of the finest wines from around the world as well as one-of-a-kind vintages. Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary or wedding or having a corporate event, Son'z team of professionals can accommodate your private event needs and help you create an unforgettable evening. Open nightly for dinner.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Expensive But Worth It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just what the title says. This was the most expensive meal we had on Maui this year, but the food, service and ambiance were worth the cost.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AZJuliasDad

Brooklyn, New York
“You get what you pay for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We paid a lot and got a lot. The view, the scenery, the service, the quality of food, the drinks and the dessert were all top of the line. We were given a table right on the water where brave ducks and other small birds come close in search of scraps. If you're ornithophobic, I don't recommend this place. If you aren't then you will enjoy their bravado. It's quite cute actually. I ordered the NY Strip which was perfect. If you're willing to pay a high price for a great dining experience, I recommend this restaurant. It's great for couples and dinner, very romantic.

Visited June 2014
Lancaster, California
“It Was Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

...but not great. We went for a very late night dinner after 3-4 hour reservation waits at Whaler's Village (11pm -12am for dinner? Ummmmm...no), so showed up at Son'z about 45 minutes or so before closing.

The food was good. In fact, I'd probably call it very good. I had the 22oz. bone-in ribeye, and it was flavorful and cooked darn near to perfection. Was it the best steak I've had? No, but it was very good. My girlfriend had the mahi-mahi, which was good as well.

As with most restaurants of this caliber, everything needs to be ordered ala carte. That's fine except when you forget to do it. D'oh!! Unfortunately by the time the food came and I completely forgot to order the garlic smashed potatoes I wanted, the kitchen was closed. Oh well. I did find it a bit weird though that I wasn't asked when I ordered if I would like any sides. But at the end of the day, it was my fault, not theirs.

Had the mozarella sticks for an appetizer, which were good, and the drinks were just okay. The drinks were on par with drinks at other venues on the Hyatt property, which isn't great to begin with. Most drinks at restaurants of this caliber are incredibly good.

Overall a good experience, with beautiful scenery and friendly swans and ducks. :)

• Visited May 2014
Markham, Ontario
“Arrogant hostess attempts to ruin Mother's Day dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We came here for Mother's Day dinner this year. We were excited to try a new restaurant. My husband came down to check in for our reservation and she pointed to the table we were getting and told him they had to set it up. it was a nice table in the centre of the restaurant- perfect for mothers day. When I came down with my four kids, two of which were sleeping in the stroller, she wanted to move us to the back of the restaurant and have my sleeping children parked away from my table- as if they were pieces of luggage! At the same time a group of six people without a reservation walked in, and she was going to give them the first table she promised my husband. After my husband argued with another waitress, practically begging for them not to ruin the evening for us, the other waitress seated all of us at the original table. The restaurant was not full, in fact it was clearing out. To be honest with you, my husband spent more on a bottle of wine than most tables of six spent altogether. We don't plan to ever come to this restaurant. We can afford to eat anywhere. If I wanted to be greeted and treated badly by a snotty, stuck up, loser HOSTESS, I could have gone to the Hyatt in Toronto! The service here is a disgrace to the Island of Maui, where everyone there is so
family friendly. The next day we went to Leilani's on the beach and had such a wonderful time!

• Visited May 2014
Don A, General Manager at Son'z Steakhouse, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Aloha and thank you for your feedback.
On behalf of the ownership and staff we send our sincerest apology for the handling of your seating arrangements.
I can can assure you this occurrence will help us better train our staff so instances like this do not happen again. Our staff takes pride in making all of our families feel welcomed as if they were in our own home, unfortunately we missed the mark in this instance. Again we are terribly sorry for your experience and hope you'll find it in you to give us another chance.

Don A.
Maui, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food, Service and Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

One of the BEST restaurants in Maui. The food, service and ambiance was incredible! Also enjoyed the live jazz music.