“good service, nice rooms”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville
“good service, nice rooms”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This hotel was clean and bright. I agree with some of the other reviewers about the rooms seeming a little musty, but the hotel was very obviously aware of this with air fresheners everywhere--so at least they are trying. The pool was closed so we couldnt use it. There is a fitness center with a treadmill and an elliptical. The morning breakfast was plentiful, but not very good.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight stop on our way home from vacation. This is new hotel that was well maintained. It is located very close the interstate and is easy to find. It is in a mixed business and residential neighborhood. There is a very large, well lit fireworks stand nearby and we were fortunate that our room was on the opposite of the building of the stand and the highway. At check in, the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. When a different guest came to report a spill in the hallway, one of the attendants quickly left to clean it. We had a room with two queen beds and it was a clean, well maintained room. Eventhough it was close to the exit to the pool, we did not hear kids running in the halls or playing in the pool. The only problem we experienced with the stay was the air conditioner which did not efficiently de-humidify (condition) the room. It did keep it cool, but it felt muggy. The morning desk clerk informed us that since our room was close to the pool, the air conditioner doesn't work as well. I found that to be a somewhat poor excuse, but she was pleasant and apologized. The breakfast was crowded and some guests had to take their food back to their rooms. This isn't, necessarily, the hotel's fault, because the hotel was near capacity and families with small children aren't the most efficent or considerate diners. I'm sure that week-day business travelers have a more orderly experience. The staffer working the breakfast bar worked very hard to keep everything filled and clean. It receives a grade of "B" instead of "A" solely because of our room's air conditioner. At breakfast we asked other guests if they had the same experience and they reported that their A/C units worked fine, so our experience was unique. If it wasn't, then this hotel would have recieved a "B Minus" or "C+".

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway, on the 3rd floor or higher, and away from the ic...
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Well run hotel. Clean, comfy beds & friendly staff. King room had fridge, micro & coffee maker. Pool to relax in. Good breakfast items. Management very accomodating. The printer on the guest computer ran out of ink. I was invited to use the Manager's printer for my boarding pass. Make sure you have a meal @ Stevarino's Italian Restaurant, 10 min from the hotel. Oh so good! It is in South Pittsburg (no h) home of the south pittsburg pirates - high school team. Black & orange are their colors. If you are from Pittsburgh, you will see other familiar references @ the restaurant.

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Stayed here with our son and his family. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and quiet and beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty with a nice variety. We stayed here during a hot spell and the outdoor pool was wall to wall with people. I nearly got washed out of the pool when three chubby girls created a Tsumami when they staged a cannonball contest.

South Mississippi
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I would certainly hate to stay at #2! My review about this motel is somewhat twisted. The motel itself has a nice atmosphere. Upon arriving I discovered that I had already been checked in. Now how this happened without my signature is beyond. What happened is the person who confirmed my reservation accidentally placed me as checking in on the same day that I made my reservation. I spoke to numerous clerks at this motel in an attempt to have this charge removed and none of them had the authority. I had to eventually get the manager at another HIE and Priority Club involved. The motel made an effort to rectify the situation but it was not to my satisfaction. I now, through the company I work with, will be traveling in this area often. However, I must say that I will not be staying at this location again. There are simply too many motels that need your business rather than want it. This property is thriving on the publics lack of choices. Do yourself a favor and drive the extra 30 miles. BTW, even though the initial appearance of the motel is nice, judge for yourself by the oder of the rooms when you get inside.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Key Largo
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I can't say nice enough things about this place. Clean, comfortable, safe. The service was awesome. Didn't pass a person that didn't smile, nod, or say "how y'all doin'?". We were in town to see family, so we will be back again and will most definitely say here!!

• Stayed July 2011
Nashville
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We are here in Kimball for a Fireman's Conference. We read the reviews prior to coming and we were really worried about staying here. But, this is where the conference was being held. We have a 7 yr old son who has asthma and scar tissue on his left lung and all the reports of bad smells and and mold were very concerning to us. We would not want to stay in a place like that for ANY REASON.....let alone for our child. So, we stayed at the Comfort Inn a few blocks away last night. It looked fine on the internet and we are Choice Privilege members. We stayed there last night and it was awful. You can read my review on that one if you want to look it up. There was a cancellation today and my husband got us in at Holiday Inn Express where the conference was. I cannot tell you how BIG of a difference there was. Is it the Hilton? No. But it is very clean, nicely taken care of, we have a huge king bed with a separate living room area. WiFi is very excellent. It doesn't smell of mold whatsoever. If it had, we would have walked out due to our youngest son. The pool is rather small and not much to speak about. I can't comment on the breakfast b/c we haven't had it yet. It's 8pm at night. The pool has two pretty mountain views and although Interstate 24 is close by, you can't hear it in your room. You can hear it at the pool though. My husband came at 6:30 this morning while the boys and I stayed at the Comfort Inn and when they told him they had two cancellations and they were both king size bed rooms, we were so eager to take them that all four of us were going to sleep in the same bed. The people had already checked out and they gave my husband the room key even though the room wasn't clean so we could move over from the other motel. When, we did, they allowed us to put our bags in the room while we went to meetings. When they had a cancellation within the hour, they gave us a king size room with a pullout sofa so the boys could sleep on the couch and we could have the bed. TWICE, I demagnified my room card and they were very nice and curtious to reprogram it. I would recommend HIE as the only place to stay in Kimball. If you want somewhere a little more fancy............go the other 28 miles to Chattanooga. Also, the pillows are not very comfortable. Bring your own!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimball
Hampton Inn Kimball
#4 of 5 in Kimball
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Hampton Inn Chattanooga West/Lookout Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball? Share your experiences!