Traveling from Florida to Illinois. What should have been about 17 hours stretched out to 20 all due to traffic around Atlanta. Stop and go at 25mph for three hours!!
Started looking for somewhere to stay around Chattanooga TN but couldn't find anything in our price range. Everyone just wanted to stop so I took a chance at this place...and I'm done with the brand.
Late arrival with one clerk working. Immediate seating area across from desk is spartan. Breakfast area looked okay. Got on the elevator for the third floor and genuinely worried I might get stuck. Lots of banging and groaning noises.
Hallway to room smelled damp. Doors are old looking dark wood - like built in 60's but had new electronic locks. Opened door to smell of damp carpet. Not good.
Carpet felt damp so I kept my shoes on. Found a candy wrapper on the floor beside the bed from previous tenant.
Flat screen tv with cable on older dresser armoire that had fridge and microwave. Door to fridge would not close.
Went to place wake up request on the phone and found a peanut under the receiver cord - also from previous tenant.
Throw type fabric on end of bed had something crusty on it. Threw it on the floor.
Breakfast next morning okay. Advertised pancakes but machine said it needed maintenance so none for me. Noticed cookie jar on table by front desk and realized kids just sticking their hands in to get one without using any utensil. No thanks.
The room cost me $125 which is high for in the middle of nowhere but way too much for this sub-standard hotel.
Oh and it's a good thing I woke on my own as i never received the wake up call.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All non-smoking facility fully renovated Jan 2008 Welcome to the Kimball Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites conveniently located off Interstate 24, at exit #152. We are centrally located to local business and industry and for a visit to major area attractions including Nickajack Lake,Widows Creek, Russell Cave National Monument, Ruby Falls, Rock City, Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, and the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. Enjoy the complimentary Express Start Continental breakfast bar in our spacious great room while catching up on news from around the world on CNN and around the country with the Chattanooga Times. All rooms are equipped with free high-speed Internet access and Wi-Fi, or use our 24-hour business center. Local calls are free to all guests. In the warm months, enjoy our outdoor swimming pool. If you need a good workout, all guests have access to our on-site fitness room. For special occasions we also offer Jacuzzi suites. We offer in-room coffee. We look forward to your next visit to our area and make the smart choice, stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kimball. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Kimball
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball Hotel Kimball
- Holiday Inn Express Kimball
- Holiday Inn South Pittsburg
- South Pittsburg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kimball