“Pleasant respite”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kimball
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We completely enjoyed our stay at this nice little place. Very clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, good value. People working there offered to help us carry luggage. The manager seemed very old school - white dress shirt, tie, and concerned that visitors have a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wanderlustpair
HIEXKIMBALL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2014

Dear wanderlustpair,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here!! We hope if you are ever in our area again that you will stop in and see us again!!

Christeena Deford
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Very clean room with good service. Good breakfast too. Every thing was very well stocked and warm. Room was clean and the drain worked in tub. In many hotels, the tub drain doesn't work, this one worked great with plenty of towels. We only stayed over night on the way home, but we definitely would stay here again. Only complaint, but we wouldn't have used it anyway, the pool is outside. Beds were great, best sleep all vacation!!

Room Tip: You can get to the second floor by going by the pool and you don't have to use the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shephusky,

We are so glad that you were able to find us and that you enjoyed your stay! We hope if you are ever back in our area, or just passing by, that you stop in and stay again.

Christeena Deford
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel was the best I have ever stayed in. The room was so clean and well stocked. Every thing was very neat and clean. It felt safe there. The staff was very nice and efficient. Breakfast was wonderful. I will be staying here again. Thanks for such a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Hiexkim, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Kimball, Tennessee. The entire staff tries very hard to see that every guest's stay is as enjoyable as yours. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area. We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel and thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We were in town for family funeral and this hotel was a wonderful respite during this time. Our stay was 3 days and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel was quite and clean. The breakfast was good with lots of variety. We will certainly choose this location again for any stay in the Marion County area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Hiexkim, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

We are sorry that your reason for staying with us was such an unhappy one. I am glad that our fantastic staff did everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Thank you for taking he time to review our property and we look forward o being your home away from home again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We left Orlando, Florida a little after 8 and got into Kimball about 6 p.m. or a little before. We were heading north. The gal at the front desk was really friendly! We enjoyed talking to her. The place its self is a little old and outdated, but the rooms were very clean. Everything worked in the room and they have free wifi. The beds were comfortable. At this stop there were plenty of places to eat. There was a Country Kitchen, Pizza Hut, Cracker Barrell, a Chinese restaurant, and some other restaurants. It was a good place to stop because it's just before you head into the mountains, and I know we wouldn't want to be on that winding highway in the dark. The breakfast was good, although the pancake machine was broken. The women working the front desk was very friendly, also.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cammy456
Hiexkim, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I also thank you for your comments regarding our GREAT STAFF. Everyone here tries to make your stay special. I am sorry that the pancake machine was not working but it is repaired and awaiting a chance to make our guests great pancakes every morning. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in our area. All of look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in good shape physically and the staff very polite. There are ample fast food and sit down restaurants nearby and it's right off Interstate 24.

The breakfast was a good full service with scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy. You could also get fresh made pancakes, cinnamon buns, cereal, milk and three juices.

The only downside was a disappointed 7 year old that this Holiday Inn didn't have an alligator like the one in Florida.

Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank rwdawtravel

I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. Our staff does everything it can to make every guests stay with us enjoyable. Of course out FREE BREAKFAST is the highlight for many of our guests. We do all we can to make our guests happy so for the disappointed 7 year old, no promises but, we will work on the alligator thing. Thanks for reviewing the hotel. You are always welcome a the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AND SUITES IN KIMBALL TENNESSEE.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

When I was planning my vacation down to Florida and back to Indiana, I was looking for a place to stay for the night after a 9-10 hours drive. As an IHG member, this place popped up as it was the cheapest in the area for IHG accommodations. Verdict? I am glad that I chose to stay here.

The location: It was a great location for us as we left Orlando early in the morning around 740am and that is after we sent my sister and her family to the airport at 430am! Hence I know my boyfriend (the one and only driver) will need to stop before it gets too dark. We managed to get to Kimball around 5pm which was good as it was turning dark. There are some eating places across the road from the hotel, and there is also a Walmart Supercenter, which made it easier for us in terms of dinner. Another reason as to why I am glad that I made this my stop is because of the next stretch of road on Highway 24 is rather winding and could be difficult for a tired driver to navigate at night. This is a conclusion that we came to when we were on our way the next day, looking at and navigating the curves, the icicles on the rock faces by the road, that Kimball is a good stopping point.

The hotel: Although it looks old and dated, it is one of the better Holiday Inn Express I have stayed with. There is not much amenities but I am not spending hours in the hotel, it was mainly a pit stop for a long drive. Hence, as long as it is clean (which it is) I am happy. A nice touch was that I got upgraded to the king suite as a platinum member which come with a nice sitting around, a small microwave, coffee maker, fridge and sink in the room. All of the items were working fine and the fridge came in useful in storing some of the food stuff we have with us on the trip. There is also free wifi which is useful for us to plan the second leg of the drive back home.

The breakfast: The breakfast spread is nice, with plenty of choice. I thought the complimentary breakfast is a nice touch and we could get nice hot coffee to go with us for our drive.

Conclusion: If I am making the same drive under the same condition, yes I will be staying here again. However, for me, this is a one night stop hotel and not a place that I will set up base at if I am visiting Tennessee.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julianatay
Hiexkim, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Everyone here at Holiday Inn Express Kimball Tennessee is so happy that you enjoyed your night with us. You are right we are the perfect STOPPING POINT on that long trip. The same is true for your trip back. We thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again. Have a GREAT NEW YEAR!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimball
Hampton Inn Kimball
#4 of 5 in Kimball
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Chattanooga-Lookout Mountain
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chattanooga I-24 West

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball? Share your experiences!