“Customer Dissatisfaction” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waldorf Furnished Apartments

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blacktown
Waldorf Furnished Apartments
Queensland, Australia
“Customer Dissatisfaction”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2008

My family and I recently stayed at the Waldorf Apartments in Blacktown NSW. We arrived on the afternoon of the 28/12/2007 and left the morning of the 5/1/2008. We paid $1064.00 for the 6 nights accomodation. As we are only able to take holidays at this time of year we realise it is peak time. I chose Waldorf Apartments as I was under the impression that they were quality accomodation.

Our first impression of the caretaker was not the best. She met us in the foyer in a pair of shorts, thongs and an extremely stained T-shirt - not the best image. I realise it was hot but first impressions count and this is supposed to be a professional business they are running.

We were in Unit 44 but she gave us the automatic garage opener for Unit 17. I enquired about our carpark and was told to park in number 44, but if that was occupied to park in 12. Now park number 44 had a car in it with a cover over it. It appeared not to have been moved in quite some time. I am sure she would have been aware of this fact.

These were things that were found to be in a substandard condition.

- The carpets were filthy. Extremely stained and freying.

- The towel rack in the 2nd bathroom was not fitted properly, as soon as you tried to put a towel on it, it fell off the wall.

- The toilet in the 2nd bathroom was not working all the time. You would have to wiggle the buttons to make it work sometimes.

- No plug for the sink in the 1st bathroom. It wasn't the same size as the bath so we had to buy our own in order for my husband to shave.

- The locks on the bathroom doors didn't work.

- The website for this hotel says Free Foxtel - so much for that, it wasn't connected just standard channels only.

- We were extremely surprised that there was no airconditioning or ceiling fans. The only way of cooling this stuffy apartment was two very cheap and noisy freestanding fans, one in each bedroom.

- There was a hole in the wall in the kitchen next to the sink on the left hand side. It had been fixed with a round piece of cardboard stuck over the hole with Blutack.

That was just a couple of small things - I will list the rest in detail.

Every night when we returned back to our unit and turned the light on hordes of cockroaches would scatter, it was just awful. They were in every room, all over the place. We used a full can of insect spray during a week long visit. We had intended on cooking meals in our unit but couldn't bring ourselves to do it after seeing them everywhere - we ate out everyday.

The automatic garage door opener didn't work most of the the time and often we had to get out of the car to get it to work properly - not the best thing to have to do late at night. The caretaker was aware of this and told me that her husband had cleaned the sensor and that should be it - they didn't want to change the batteries, even though cleaning the sensor had obviously not worked.

The worst thing throughout our stay though was the SMELL OF ROTTING GARBAGE which permeated the place. We noticed it on our second day in the parking garage, lift and hallway to our unit. The next morning it seemed to have gone and we thought they must have found the problem and fixed it. They did put a notice in the lift about not leaving garbage stacked in the parking garage. But unfortunately it was not the end of THE SMELL - it returned with a vengeance. We had to try and hold our breath in the garage, lifts and hallway to our unit as it was DISGUSTING. Had we not paid such a lot of money I would have left by the 4th day. By our last night the SMELL had gotten so bad that we had to put towels under the door as it was seeping into our room. It was absolutely TERRIBLE.

The caretakers were not very approachable. On the first day she said to call if we had any problems. On our 3rd day we were having parking dramas again. I rang the caretaker but she did not sound pleased to hear from me. I told her that we had returned back late the night before around 11pm and our carpark was occupied by another vehicle, so as it was late we just parked in another free spot and we called her the following day to follow up. She seemed annoyed that we had used another carpark - we 'shouldn't upset the residents' were her words (I am certain that the residents don't pay $1064 per week but don't worry about us). Would she have preferred a late night phonecall???? I don't think so. She then informed me that she had reallocated carpark number 12 to another visitor. She didn't bother to contact us with an alternative carpark for us to use and she did have both our mobile phone numbers. When I explained that the other carpark she had given us, number 44, had a car with a cover in it she was uninterested. I then spoke briefly to her husband who suggested we park in spot 17 or 18 as these are both double parks. That was ok for a couple of days until we returned late again and found that both of the other cars using those spots had parked right between them so only 1 car could fit in a 2 car spot. I put a note on the car in 18 and explained that we too had been given 18 and would they mind parking in one spot only so that we could both fit. That worked, we fixed our own problem.

I am totally dissapointed with the whole experience we had. It was just horrible. After paying so much MONEY I was very disappointed with the apalling standard of accommodation & the unpleasant dealings with un-interested caretakers. We barely used the apartment we paid so much money for except to sleep, as it was a drab and disgusting place to be, it smelled terrible, and was incredibly unhygenic.

I will never book another Waldorf Apartment again.

• Liked — Nothing except that it was close to local amenities.
  • Disliked — The smell of rotting garbage, cockroaches everything, lack of airconditioning & dramas with carparking and caretakers.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank cryjus012

Travellers are raving about these Blacktown hotels

Couples
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blacktown
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
#1 of 1 in Eastern Creek
Ibis budget Wentworthville
Ibis budget Wentworthville
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville

Been to Waldorf Furnished Apartments? Share your experiences!