“Highly recommended! I will be back!”

The Inn at Willow Grove
Ranked #3 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Philadelphia
“Highly recommended! I will be back!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This past weekend was my first time at the Inn and let me tell you, this place is fabulous! A group of my girlfriends and I had planned the day to visit some wineries in the area and it was a perfect stopping point to have an amazing lunch, take in the beautiful views and scope out which guest cottage I would like to stay at when I come back for an extended visit! While our time was short, the attentive service, the tasty dishes and the excellent wine list make me wish I had planned for a longer stay. I will be looking forward to my return visit with my man! :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
InnatWillowGrove, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Willow Grove, responded to this review, 24 November 2012
Thank you for sharing! With so many award-winning wineries right down the road, we really are the perfect place to stay while enjoying the best of Virginia wine country. Wine Enthusiast Magazine voted Central Virginia one of the top ten wine travel destinations in the world, and not without reason! We're delighted that you enjoyed exploring our grounds and we invite you, your man, and your girlfriends (and their men too!) to return for an extended stay any time. Our Butlers can plan a special itinerary for touring amazing wineries nearby, including private tours, special tastings and complementary passes just for inn guests. Add a gourmet picnic basket from Chef Daniels, chauffeur service, and a Multi-Course Tasting at the Chef's Table in Vintage Restaurant upon your return, and you will enjoy a truly spectacular experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 September 2012

FIrst time staying at the Inn this past weekend with my wonderful girlfriend and friends was an absolute treat. As a newbie to the Inn I must say I was shocked how amazing it is!! I travel a lot and have never experienced the generous service like the Inn provided. Everything from the view, decor, food, service was five star. It was perfect from the welcome to the goodbye!

Room Tip: School house is cool.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
InnatWillowGrove, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Willow Grove, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
We get that a lot! So many first-timers to The Inn are completely blown away by our beautiful property, luxurious accommodations and our friendly, attentive service. In fact, many of our first-timers become second- and third-timers because of the very same reasons. It’s our goal to make every guest experience perfect from start to finish; we’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay!
Lexington, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 25 September 2012

You are going to be hard pressed to call this a Bed and Breakfast even after first driving up to the property!! This is more of a resort with Bed and Breakfast prices… Everything is exceptional, the service, the view, the decor, the owners. Everything is done exactly right. There is nothing to be changed! The owners have done such a wonderful job of blending historic Orange VA into a modern yet comfortable dwelling. Everything is functional and well thought of. Every bathroom is well thought out and laid out, the lighting is perfect, the showers and tubs are very well done, the heated floors and towel holders add such a cozy feel. There are other little touches in each room that make them all unique. My wife says we are going back to stay in every room because each room offers its own unique experience.

The Inn at Willow Grove offers such a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere you don’t want to leave and can’t wait until you can get back. I have been a lot of places where you enjoy your experience, but I have never been to a place where you feel so welcome and at home that you just can’t wait to get back.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with any of them! They all offer unique experiences!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you sharing your thoughts! The fact is, we are not at all a Bed & Breakfast! We are a boutique hotel with eleven luxury rooms and suites, a gourmet farm-to-table restaurant, and an on-site spa. We are indeed a destination resort nestled in the rolling hills of the Virginia countryside. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed everything from the modern, comfortable decor to the little touches that make every room unique. We agree that you can’t go wrong with any of our accommodations, as they are all uniquely-crafted private escapes with their own special character. We welcome you to enjoy them all and cannot wait to have you back!
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was my second stay at the Inn, the first being over my honeymoon not quite a year ago. But it doesn't matter if it's for your honeymoon or just passing through, the staff at Willow Grove is top notch, all the time. The amenities were everything I could dream of, yet more than I'm usually willing to expect at other places. Our stay was wonderful. It doesn't matter which of the rooms you choose, you'll be comfortable, relaxed, and blown away in any of them! The buildings have a quintessential Jeffersonian architectural look on the outside and are beautifully decorated both inside and out, but they've still managed to feel comfy and homey inside. I felt pampered by the staff and yet was still able to have an intimate stay with my husband and two friends. Even though we were the only ones staying there this time, we were still treated to anything that was available on property-massages in their private spa, dinner (the chef stayed just for us), drinks (again, the bartender stayed the night just for our group of 4), and one of the fire pits after dinner until we decided to retire for the evening. I am continually impressed and oh so happy with our decision to relax for the night at Willow Grove. We have plans to try each of their rooms out, so we have at least a dozen more trips ahead of us!

Room Tip: You'll be happy with any room-and they even have some in their own private cottages if you desir...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Whether you’re honeymooning, celebrating a special anniversary or just looking to get out of Dodge, The Inn at Willow Grove will always make your stay a truly special experience. We go out of our way to treat our guests like royalty, while greeting them like friends. We’re so happy to hear that you, your husband and your friends felt pampered, relaxed and comfortable with us. At The Inn at Willow Grove, we invite you to escape, unwind and indulge during your stay, and we’re so happy to hear that you and your companions did just that! We’re thrilled to have you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I recently returned from my stay at Inn at Willow Grove and cannot wait to return! It is such a beautiful and special place and I cannot wait to return. The cottage I stayed in with my daughter was beautifully appointed and very peaceful. I drank coffee on the porch, swing and read for hours just enjoying the stillness and beauty. My daughter and I loved having cofee, cocoa and donuts delivered in the morning along with tea and dessert in the evening--We both felt like royalty!! Everyone was so helpful and wanted to make our stay special and memorable and they did! Thank you to David, Phillip, Stephen, Carlos, Jaime, Alice and Chef for all you did to make our stay just perfect!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
InnatWillowGrove, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn at Willow Grove, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay! There really is nothing better than the French Pressed coffee and warm beignets while enjoying the serenity of a quiet morning in the countryside. It is an other-worldly experience! We couldn't be happier that you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves, and we hope to see you both again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Meeting up with friends in nearby Madison we needed a place to find lunch, and one noted that they had seen a plantation house on the hill outside Orange that looked interesting! What a stroke of luck. During pre-lunch drinks in the bar, we were treated to a warm welcome and finally when our group all met up (7 adults and a toddler) we moved to our table.

The menu was fancy without being pompous, and the prices seemed unreal (in a good way). The meal that arrived had us all cooing with delight - warmed artisan breads with honey/butter, seafood bisque, heavenly burgers (with super-sharp cave-aged cheddar) and onion fries, shrimp and rocket salad washed down ith iced-tea (not sweetened but then you can't have everything).

The setting, the staff, the food and the prices were a revelation - try it, an absolute gem!

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight - but will do ... soon!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeamusK61
We're so happy you chanced upon us during your recent visit to Madison and your party enjoyed a wonderful experience. You seem to have hit the nail upon the head in saying that we are "fancy but not pompous." We strive to create an environment that is unsurpassed in its luxury, beauty and impeccable service, all while keeping the atmosphere warm, friendly and not too stuffy! We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience as a revelation and hope to see you again soon!
Imperial, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I just returned from my third visit this year to The Inn at Willow Grove. I know you must be thinking, three times in a year, wow this place must be pretty special. Trust me when I tell you, this place is REALLY REALLY SPECIAL!!!!!!!! I am already planning my next trip................autumn this time I think. This was my first time staying in the plantation house/mansion. Previously, I stayed in The Tenant Downstairs and The School House, two of several different cottages located on the exquisite 40 acre estate. The cottages and plantation house/mansion are just absolultely beautiful! I stayed in The Master Suite which had a stunning sitting area, a fabulous, sleep like a baby, king size bed, a bathroom with heated stone floors, heated towel racks, L O'ccitane skin care products and an immaculate soaking tub (truly a girl's dream bathroom) and private access to the entire 2nd story porch. The owners have done a fabulous job, every inch is truly heavenly. David and Charlene have spared no expense in refurbishing this historical inn. Their attention to detail is unsurpassed. Every inch is loaded with southern charm, so exquisitely decorated (Charlene has the best taste EVER), so absolutely comfy and so so luxurious. It truly is regal!!!!!!!!!! I would be remiss if I didn't mention their wonderful staff, who will treat you as if you are royalty!

Room Tip: Every room is a FABULOUS room, but my favorite so far has been The School House
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review! We agree that this is a pretty spectacular place, and we are so gratified when our guests appreciate our incredible attention to detail and our dedication to excellence. It is our goal to make every guest feel like royalty when they are here, but in a friendly and casual atmosphere that feels like home. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful enthusiasm! Hope to see you soon for visit number four!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Mayhurst Inn
Mayhurst Inn
#5 of 8 in Orange
Holladay House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Willow Grove? Share your experiences!