“Anniversary getaway”

Ranked #2 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Locust Grove, Virginia
“Anniversary getaway”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Chestnut Hill B&B was a luxurious retreat. Tory and Kathleen are so friendly and helpful. They welcomed us into their home and made us feel like their special guests. The home is beautiful and the land scape is gorgeous. We had a wonderful relaxing and romantic anniversary!

1 Thank Megan E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We just returned home from a 2 night stay at this bed and breakfast. Chestnut Hill is a beautiful bed and breakfast. Kathleen and Troy are excellent in every sense of the word. They are gracious, extremely helpful and very friendly. We met some other couples while there and enjoyed sitting around the breakfast table in the morning discussing our plans for the day. We would return from our outings and sit around the bar during the wine reception with a drink or two and some yummy appetizers discussing the day. We stayed in the Emily Macon suite, but I saw other rooms and each are just as beautiful. As you can read from other reviewers, the food was amazing. Breakfast was 2 course and one of the best I have ever had. Appetizers and cookies were also incredible. We had a great stay and plan to go back in the future.

Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The country side in this area of Virginia is breath taking. There is so much to do for all kinds of interest. For the history buff there are visits to Montpelier and Monticello, and for the wine lover there are dozens of nearby wineries and for the "foodies" the nearby restaurants are outstanding! The host and hostess are very helpful with making reservations and giving great suggestions. The breakfast are gourmet as well as the late afternoon hor d'oeuvres. The property is just gorgeous and we will definitely return!
Jean & Craig Purnell, Fayetteville, PA

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 22 May 2014

What a great stay my family and I had at this bed and breakfast. Chestnut Hill is beautiful,comfortable and incredibly fun for me Kathleen and Troy were gracious and charming and wonderful cooks My nephew was married in the back yard and it was beautiful. All the guests were so amazed at how perfect everything was. Without a doubt it was Kathleen and Troy that made that all seem effortless
I will always remember my stay with a smile. I hope to return and enjoy more.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Rarely do you find something as special and deserving of high praise... Kathleen and Troy have gone to extraordinary lengths to create, for their guests, what I can only describe as the absolute best experience one could ever expect! From the accommodations to the exquisite food, the spot on personal service of the staff, and the warmth and sincere desire to deliver an unmatched experience for their guests that Kathleen and Troy provide each and every day!
I am a general manager in the service industry, and over the years I have always aspired to provide a unique and memorable service to my customers. My stay at Chestnut Hill has given me a new standard to shoot for!
My wife and I look forward to making this an annual event! One that we will both look to with great anticipation! And when our daughter is ready to walk down the aisle it will be at Chestnut Hill, if I have anything to say about it!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bridal Suite, but all the rooms are warm and inviting!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This inn is amazing...I was not aware of the history...what a story behind the sale of the property and the renovations of the house. The rooms are all beautifully decorated and supplied. We stayed in the Four Quarters Room. The bed was very comfy and we slept well. The bathroom was a bit small, but has all the necessaties. I am just used to one that is 3 times the size. The breakfast and afternoon hors d'oeuvres were scrumptious! The restaurants & wineries that we ventured to were excellent as well. Troy was very helpful with the recommendations and places to go. We had a wonderful experience and will definately want to return for a special occasion.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

It was beautiful, comfortable, and absolutely lovely. The breakfasts were delicious. I cut my food into smaller and smaller bites just so it would last longer. Kathleen and Troy went out of their way to make us feel welcome and plan out our time in the area. My only complaint is that our stay was too short (2 nights). The bed was so comfortable I was reluctant to even leave the room. Before we arrived, we were surprised by the number of 5 star reviews. Now we get it. Nothing is left to chance. We arrived back late after a day of wine tastings, and Kathleen brought up the delicious happy hour snack we had missed. Expect luxury without the fussiness. Expect fantastic breakfasts and warm hosts. You won't be disappointed. We weren't.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple