“Superb”

Ranked #2 of 8 Orange B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Superb”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I would absolutely stay here again. This is a beautiful inn in a lovely area. The staff go the extra mile, as evident in every aspect of the impeccable service, food, and amenities. Also, the staff have intimate knowledge of the region, and answer any questions you may have to ensure you get the most out of the local attractions. This was a very relaxing, enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kommetjie, South Africa
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everything about our experience at Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast went above and beyond what we expected of our overnight getaway. We knew we were staying at a nice B & B arranged by my in-laws for our anniversary, but we had no idea how wonderful it would be. Kathleen and Troy are such lovely people, so hospitable and warm, they made us feel at home right away. They were very helpful in helping us find the right places to eat dinner and taste wine- from making reservations for us to printing out maps, they went the extra mile. Their historic home is beautifully restored- the rooms are phenomenal. Everything is so tastefully decorated. The food is absolutely delicious. We will definitely be back.

2 Thank Cambria M
Washington Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our stay at Chestnut Hill was our first Bed & Breakfast experience. We were overwhelmed from the first moment we stepped into this lovely home. Kathleen welcomed us as if we were beloved friends. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. Breakfast each day was beyond our expectations. We shared enjoyable conversations and sharing with the other guests during Happy Hour each evening. My husband and I left there feeling like we had made many new friends. We look forward to many return visits in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lower level near the lounge which I feel was perfect and cool in the June heat.
Clinton, Maryland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was my first experience with a bed and breakfast and I have to say Troy, Kathleen, and Lea exceeded my expectations. From the service throughout our stay and the coordination and planning of my wedding. Everyone was so welcoming to not only us but our families. Also, the grounds and the rooms are absolutely beautiful. Let me not forget to also mention the breakfast each morning was first class. We have decided to spend every anniversary where we said "I do".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I just returned home from an amazing anniversary getaway at Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast. Kathleen was wonderful! She was so accommodating and really went the extra mile to make us feel welcome and special on our visit. We stayed in the Emily Macon Bridal Suite which is a beautiful large room on the top floor. All of the rooms are gorgeous, but this suite was really special.

The breakfasts each morning were so delicious and served on beautiful china. The appetizers served each evening were yummy too! Troy made a scalloped potato appetizer the first night and a lobster bisque the second evening. Delicious!! Kathleen recommended two restaurants for dinner during our stay. Her advice was spot on! We ate at Elmwood at Sparks and Vintage and I highly recommend these restaurants as well. We visited several local wineries during the day and were given complimentary tasting passes to take with us.

My husband and I really felt as though we were treated like royalty! Kathleen and Troy offer a top-notch experience. You will not be disappointed! We will be returning some day soon! Thank you Kathleen and Troy for an unforgettable five year anniversary getaway!

Room Tip: The Emily Macon Bridal Suite is on the top floor which provides more privacy. However, you really c...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

First of all the house and property is amazing! My sister's wedding was here.. Just this past weekend. We cannot stop talking about this bed and breakfast! Everyone had a great time. Kathleen and Troy.. The whole family was so welcoming and friendly. Great service, great food. Hard workers!

Room Tip: Downstairs! Coolest area.. Bar and nice rooms with an amazing tub!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Chestnut Hill hosted my sister's wedding over the weekend, and we had a magnificent time. Troy and Kathleen were very attentive from the time we arrived. They run a professional operation which provided an outstanding breakfast each morning... it was phenomenal. I would definitely stay there again, and will be referring my friends and family. The rooms were well kept and the ambiance was incredible. We walked the yard, visited the pond and fountain. Every space was well manicured and set the scene for a beautiful wedding. My family and I enjoyed our stay. I'm so happy my sister and brother-in-law chose this B&B as there local. Thumbs up T and K!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orange
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
The Inn at Willow Grove
Shenandoah Crossing
Shenandoah Crossing
#1 of 1 in Gordonsville

Been to Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!