“Local Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Orange, Virginia
“Local Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Healthy and good! This is a good mix and a rarity in a small town. Paul and Sarah do a great lunch. Always a good choice for your sandwich and if you have a sweet tooth then Sarah has something for you too.

I wish a dinner menu you available.

• Visited April 2014

Western Ireland, Ireland
“Out of Sight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I had heard about Real Food, a few years ago, but, the directions were sketchy. Last winter, I finally located the site, can't tell you how many times I passed it by. The food, prepared by this husband & wife team, is Out of Sight! They make the best Italian hero/grinder/sub, I've had in 20+ years. The soups & salads are awesome, as well as, the homemade cookies!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kesh_grammy
Abingdon, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing "hole in the wall"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Located in a very non-descript building, Real Food only accepts cash or checks, but was well worth the trip to find an ATM. We were headed through Orange on our way back fro Montpelier and needed lunch. The food was awesome - very fresh and locally sourced. From what I hear, the menu change soften but there was still a ton of variety (soup/salad/sandwiches/dessert) all make upon ordering. If I lived in the area, I'd definitely eat here often!

• Visited November 2013
Culpeper, Virginia
“Great Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a fabulous place! I never expected to find a spot like this in Orange, Va. It's a teeny little dot of a building that was a Tastee-Freeze in a former life. I got a perfectly prepared salmon sandwich and wonderful root vegetable soup. It's a very friendly place with super cute retro decor and very reasonable prices. Lunch only Monday thru Friday. These folks really know how to cook. It's my new favorite place!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank plant-nut
White Plains, MD
“Fine dining out of a box”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Excellent food like fine dining, but out of a box (I got take out), and prices reflect that :). With small kids, I haven't been fine dining in years, and this was a special treat. I hesitantly (because I'm not a fan of squash) ordered Curried Butternut Squash soup. It was incredible! It was $2.75 for about 2/3 cup. I also ordered a side salad (only $2). It had real lettuce (not iceberg), although I really didn't pay attention to what variety it was. The dressing I requested was Paprika lime vinaigrette. It was delectable! I wish I knew the recipes. I also ordered a gyro, which was good, but had more cumin then I prefer. The meat was so tender, I ate it anyways. This place is a NOT TO BE MISSED place. If I'm there (in the middle of nowhere, Orange, Va) or 20 miles from there, this is where I will eat lunch. It is only open at lunch, limited hours, cash or check only. Oh, we also got 3 cookies, a double chocolate, chocolate chip, and a sugar cookie with orange and lemon zest. The sugar cookie with the zest was my favorite.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Real Food? Share your experiences!