“Delicious!!!”

Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Orange
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A new restaurant. Opened in feb 2011
LOW
“Delicious!!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast at the Light Well. The quiche was light and airy and the breakfast burrito was incredible. The coffee was superb and the music playing in the background was relaxing. Very enjoyable first impression!!!

Sydney, Australia
“Friendly staff and easy food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had a light dinner here and sampled some interesting local beers and local wines. The food was plentiful and simple without being plain. The staff were delightful and our bubbly waitress was as sweet as pie. A nice relaxed atmosphere, so nice that I went back the day day for coffee.

Visited October 2013
Virginia
“What my mamma said...”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

...was that if you can't say anything nice, then keep your mouth shut. I'm going to largely disregard that advice -- but not entirely. Bottom line up front -- Four of us ate dinner on Saturday night, and two of us were unable -- or unwilling -- to finish what was provided by the kitchen. The chicken and the chicken club were enjoyed (thus the nice part of this review); but the seafood fettucini came in a thin (not alfredo) broth which added little to the taste of the dish; and the chimichanga seemed to be mostly dough (and wasn't fried, unlike every other chimichanga I've ever seen).

So -- meals were 50/50 -- why the poor rating? When asked how the meal was, I gave in to a moment of honesty, and indicated that the chimichanga wasn't very good...at that point, the virtual air conditioning was turned up to meat locker levels, and the remaining interaction with the waitress was limited to her putting down the bill at the far end of the table (which, after I got the bill passed to me, was picked up by another server), and returning the credit card slip -- also at the far end of the table. Nothing said, no "have a good evening, thanks for coming in, sorry about your meal..." -- nothing.

My conclusion from this experience? An off-night for the kitchen, an overly-sensitive server? Perhaps they thought I would try to reclama the cost of the chimi (I don't do that -- if I order something, I pay for it, regardless). Not sure I know, except if I am ever in Orange again, I will find other dining options. Really, this is not so much due to the food (I'm willing to give every restaurant the benefit of the doubt at least once -- and the chicken dishes were pretty good), but due to the attitude, which was noted by every member of our party.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank cjackson27
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Get the Cuban!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our hosts at the Holladay House B&B recommended The Light Well to us and we ate lunch there over the weekend. The waitress recommended the Cuban sandwich to my husband, saying it was "to die for." My hubby says she wasn't lying. The Cuban sandwich is sliced roasted pork loin, caramelized red onion, smoked Gouda cheese, and plum chutney aioli on toasted sourdough bread. I had the chicken salad platter and was pleased that the chicken salad didn't have too much sauce (extra calories). Everything was perfect and tasty!

Visited August 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really nice brunch”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We enjoyed Saturday brunch here today. The food was excellent, the service very attentive and friendly. Nice casual, hip (in a small-town way) atmosphere. I'm so glad my husband will soon be working in Orange and we will have excuses to go there again.

• Visited August 2013