“Great fries!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great fries!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped with our family of four on our way passing through Orange. After we street parked, we each got a burger and split an order of regular fries and an order of sweet potato fries. Service was fast. We preferred the regular cut fries. The sweet potato fries were okay. We would stop here again!

1 Thank brr9270

Dickerson, Maryland
“Very good burgers, fries not so much....”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stopped in for dinner while in town on business and enjoyed the burger. They have quite a variety of items to choose from for toppings, and you have to choose them, similar to the model used at Five Guys. I had a double burger, which was probably bigger than what I actually needed, with provolone cheese, bacon and grilled onions, mushrooms and jalapeños. The burger was quite good, but there was a bit of an excess of toppings that spilled out, making it a bit messy. Along with the burger I had the sweet potato fries with salt and sugar. I found the fries to be a bit underdone and on the mushy side as well as with a bit less salt than I would have preferred. I do like my fries a little on the well done side, so they didn't do too much for me. Overall, I would recommend this place for a quick meal; it's open late enough to get an early dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank FritzGoat
Sterling, Virginia
“Great burgers and service. A must stop in Orange, VA.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is the third time I have stopped by Wise Guys and the food and service has been excellent each time. Friendly staff workers, great food, great service quaint environment. Grab burger.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 1234Allison1234
Fenwick Island, Delaware
“Good burgers and fries”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stopped here for lunch with 10 other members of a workshop I was attending. The burgers and fries were good, and the service was quick and friendly. Since there were so many of us at once, the staff brought the food to our tables, and they were friendly and efficient. My only disappointment was that I had been told they had great sweet potato fries, but they were out of them on the day we went. Oh well, maybe next time.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank blugold4ever
Richmond, Virginia
“Burgers”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A friend & I stopped here for a lunch break while passing through Orange. We were actually aiming for a nearby restaurant, which turned out to be closed. Hungry, and needing to get back on the road, we ducked into Wise Guys.
The emphasis here is on burgers, but other selections are available as well. We stuck with burgers & fries. We were pleased, but I probably should have stuck with the regular burger. The double burger was great, but I had to resort to a knife & fork. Maybe Steven Tyler or Carly Simon could wrap their mouths around a Wise Guys double, but I admitted defeat after attempting two bites. Burgers were well dressed as ordered, and there is a counter off to the side if you want more ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or relish. The iced tea was so fresh it was still hot from being brewed, but self-service ice solved that issue.
The restaurant is in an old storefront next to a vintage train station. The service is cheerful & helpful, and the employees seem to enjoy their jobs. The space is bright & clean, a bit spare, but very pleasant. We left well fed and ready for the next leg of our journey. I would like to try more items from their menu, and would return here.

• Visited July 2014