“Get the mild BBQ sauce!”
Review of Hornet's Nest Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hornet's Nest Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Latham, New York
“Get the mild BBQ sauce!”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were halfway through a 9 day motorcycle trip and were passing through orange to get to Gettysburg. Stopped at the garage and asked where to eat and they sent us here.

We both got pulled pork and, since I'm a wimp, we got the mild and sweet BBQ sauces. Both were good, but the mild was the best BBQ sauce I ever had! I'm from upstate NY, so my BBQ judgement might be a little off, but man, it was good!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Friendly, Comfortable, and Great Ribs”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

We arrived in Orange, VA at 8:55 at night, passing several fast food chain type stores, and finally noticed the Hornet's Nest. The sign on the door says they close at 9 pm, but the owner insisted we come in for dinner. Only 13 tables, and the decor is geared towards local high school memorabilia... and one 'Bama flag, where the owner comes from.

My wife ordered the ribs, and after asking the owner, I decided on the brisket. Both were outstanding, and portion sizes were much more than we could eat. Home made mashed potatoes, corn muffins and cold beer made this a meal to remember. Price? $40 for all of this and two beers.

Definitely a blue jeans kind of place.

4 Thank DaveSov82
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great ribs!”
Reviewed 24 August 2010

My family enjoys this little restaurant mostly because they have great ribs, are friendly and take good care of us. It is basic food, hometown atmosphere, not expensive and we like supporting a local business.

1 Thank WilsonsWay
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Best Food Ever”
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This resturant makes the best 'out to eat place' That i have been to in a long time. people are friendly service is excellent, food is good. Best part it doesn't cost alot to eat there.

Orange, VA
“Great local flavor!”
Reviewed 30 August 2009

My wife and I have lived in Orange, Virginia for 3 years, and we own and operate a bed and breakfast here in town. Both we and our inn guests have eaten at every restaurant in Orange numerous times, and our guests are usually happy to share their experiences with us.

Often, our guests will ask us to recommend a good "local place." Typically, this means they are looking for some place inexpensive that is a favorite of town residents. We have a solid list of such establishments, and the Hornet's Nest is always on it.

The Hornet's Nest is a small country diner that serves some great down-home, country-style cooking. They have some of the best barbecue around, and my wife loves the beef brisket. The french fries are good, too. In fact, I can't think of any time I've eaten here and not been happy with my menu choice. Portions are more than generous--I doubt anyone will leave hungry after eating their meal!

If you are looking to fill your stomach with good, inexpensive home cooking, this is definitely a great choice.

3 Thank hhbb_innkeeper