“Incredibly rude staff member”
Review of Pastadelli

Pastadelli
Ranked #22 of 36 Restaurants in Wahroonga
Description: Pastadelli is "more than just a cafe" located in the heart of the Wahroonga village. Campos coffee is on offer as well as a wide variety of Pastas, Salads, Pastries, Sandwiches, Wraps, Cakes, Milkshakes and Smoothies. An extensive Breakfast menu is available until 1pm complimented by an A La Carte menu 10:30am - 2:30pm. We offer Dine In or Takeaway choices along with a flexible Catering menu. We are open 364 days of the year - only closed on Christmas day.
London, United Kingdom
“Incredibly rude staff member”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have just been in this place and was so shocked at how I was treated that I had to write a review on here. All I asked for was 2 filo pastries and salads. The manner in which I was served was not just rude but actually offensive. Never have I come across someone in customer service who treats customers in this way.

The lady behind the counter, (who I later learned was the manager!) started off with a tone of frustration and impatience with me and all I had asked for was a 2 filo pastries. I asked her if there is a price for a filo and salad and she said "No there are no deals". So she charged me prices for each item separately- a total of 40 dollars. I paid.

She mumbled something incomprehensible which sounded like "Do you want them here" and I said no it's to take away. Then she aggressively raised her voice: "Do you want them HEATED?!" I was taken aback by this- it was as if I had just insulted her mother! Yes please I said. As I waited I saw there was a deal written on the board above the counter stating: Filo and salad $15.30. Curious about why I had been charged $40 I asked this same woman to explain. "That's just to eat in" she said. So it's more expensive to take things away apparently! I asked why it costs more to take things away! "That's how our prices are" she said.

After being treated like scum from the moment I walked in, I decided that this wasn't good enough so I gave this woman a piece of my mind in front of her colleagues and told her she needs to learn how to treat customers. This person should not be serving customers. She is unprofessional, rude and has no idea how to talk to people she does not know. She is disrespectful, impatient and abrasive.

She should be working in a role that does not require any contact with humans.

The same person was also rude to my girlfriend the day before. So her unprofessional offensive manner seems to be a consistent flaw.

I'm never going in this place again which is a shame because I live very close by. It's hardly worth visiting anyway because there are better and cheaper places with better food and coffee nearby but having to deal with this kind of nonsense just to get a salad is too much. Never again.

• Visited March 2014