“It is what it is.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wahroonga
Wodonga, Australia
“It is what it is.”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Nothing outstanding and a bit tired and old (think 1970s) but rooms were clean and tidy and at $110/night great value for money for Sydney over the Christmas break (we stayed Christmas day & Boxing day). We have stayed here 1/2 dozen times as the location is perfect for our needs when we visit Sydney. The receptionist service has always been helpful and accomodating. This latest stay my husband wanted to change rooms (misunderstanding when booking) & this was no problem.
On occasion we have stayed in one of the larger rooms - if bringing my mum with us & the rooms with 2 QS beds are large enough for 2 couples. Would i stay here with kids - prob not more than one/two nights as it would be quite a tight fit - if you can afford it- pay more & stay somewhere a little larger & more modern.
There is nothing 'touristy' close by or from the perspective of sight seeing so is it somewhere I would stay if the accommodation was to be part of my holiday experience - no. It is what it is - just a safe, clean place to sleep - in a great location for our needs.
(The free onsite, off street parking is a great bonus too).

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I can not believe they call it the "Deluxe Room" I think not! Rude reception. Called my female partner SIR! Room FILTHY with dirty Sanitary items in bin and lacked anything that WORKED right! Terrible smell to the room. And VERY noisy
Rather stay in a Formula 1!
Never a Ever again! YUK!
Was too scared to take shoes off.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaki73_10

Travellers are raving about these Wahroonga hotels

Lakemba, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The signature meals like Cheese Nan bread, Tandoori chicken, lamb chops, fish and chips were awesome! The room we stayed at was sanitary and comfortable. All was at an affordable price! Great food, homely accommodation, good service at a low rate...What more could one ask for?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Reception unfriendly , we were there for 3 days and they didn't clean or make up beds in that time . We ordered a meal just the one night( Tandoori Chicken ) that was so dry tasted like it was a reheated job . Had to ask for a toilet roll and milk . They put fresh towels and the 3rd day they gave us 2 tiny old towels (rag bag time ) . Beds were just okay but hard the pillows were very flat . Bed covering very old and felt dirty , perhaps the owners should pop it in the rag bag also , it would have to be at least 20 + years old . The Air Conditioner was old and noisy and probably a health hazard because it looks like the vents have NEVER been cleaned ........Very disappointing motel only worth 2 stars at the very most ............No , I wont stay there again !

Room Tip: Cannot comment on any tips
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marie H
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

we stopped here enroute to northcoast. We found the motel fine however finding the entrance to the motel was another story. Reception was unfriendly and check in was delayed as the Tv remote was missing!!!( you receive keys and remote on check in and must return keys and remote on check out)
the room was very dated. bed okay but very flat pillows and only one spare. It had a fully tiled floor throughout.
The whole place felt uncared for and cheap. I wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Annette C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

was arriving late and then even later but reception was very friendly and accommodating. Room style is rather old european but rooms are roomy, clean and comfortable with decent bed and good shower, as a bonus the hotel restaurant has fantastic curries.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank kenoo300
Orange, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My husband and I had planned a weekend away without children. On arrival we had to pay for the deluxe room up front before viewing the room. We went out and when arrived back to the motel we discovered the pillowcase on the bed was torn, the table had sticky food on it left from the previous person, the shower had soap scum on the floor from the prevous person and after lifting up the sheets the matress protector had lots of patches of body fluids from other people staying in the bed. The receptionist stated if I was unhappy with the cleaniness of the room, I should back my bags and leave and that the room would be cleaned after we leave! I had paid for the room and was not prepared to pay for another motel due to their cleaners not doing a job. I was not offered another room or my money back. When checking out of our so called Deluxe room I found our deluxe room had the smaller TV then the other rooms. I spoke to the manager 5 days ago and again today with no response. As a health professional I could not recommend these conditions to anyone. I have stayed here before and never had a issue with the cleaniness but will never stay here again. To improve this motel they need to sack the cleaners and the rude female receptionist/manager.

Room Tip: Pay after you inspect the room and make sure you lift up the sheets to check the mattress protector.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Janelle18052013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wahroonga
Hotel Ibis Thornleigh
Hotel Ibis Thornleigh
#1 of 1 in Thornleigh
Pennant Hills Waldorf Apartment Hotel
Killara Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Meriton Suites North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde

Been to Ascot Motor Inn? Share your experiences!