“Gumbo goodness”

Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Bargara
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kacy's Restaurant is located on Bargara Beach in the heart of town; our focus is on popular food Australians like to eat every day. All ingredients are prepared by hand using fresh Queensland produce where possible. Kacys’ has an extensive wine cellar with over 2500 bottles a great range of draught and bottle beer’s we take particular care in presenting great draught beer chilled to perfection. The location and ambience of Kacys has to be experienced as working here is a delight. We look forward too seeing you soon.
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to Kacys now numerous times and find it to still be the highest quality food in Bundaberg region. Due to the menu being very extensive we can't say we have had everything but the Kilcoy meatballs n wings as starters are a serious hit. For entree the Scallops and the salmon stack are a sure winner. The oyster shooters are a must, you will find the seafood to be fresh and high quality. Our dinner companions had the lamb n Gumbo which they were raving about (they eat all round the world in top restaurants) whilst my wife had perfectly cooked salmon and I had the duck salad which was moist and generous with heaps of flavour. The wine suggested was spot on, the cocktails were perfect and the sticky date pudding is always light and right in the money.

I am amazed to read negative comments about these dishes as we have had them numerous times. Fantastic. It isn't the cheapest menu but remember that you are paying for quality food in a non capital city. They have always fixed any little issue for us and the service is relaxed so don't expect it to be like Bilsons in Sydney. Relax n enjoy the chef creations and you won't be disappointed. The drink menu is the most extensive in wide bay so take your time! Thanks again Kacys, you will see us again and again.

2  Thank TWilko

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Looking at the extensive menu I found it hard to decide as it all sounded mouth watering. I finally settled for the Gumbo at 39.90. At that price I expected 'A' grade seafood and I was really disappointed to find I had 1/2 a small moreton bay bug, two mussels 3cm in size, 2 medium prawns, 1 piece of calamari about 4cm x 4cm, barramundi over cooked and I am not sure if I received the scallops! I will add that the service was very good, I appreciated the waitress suggesting I have bread with the meal to mop up the sauce. The atmosphere is there as well.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Nice atmosphere would be the only positive.We ordered 2 mains. Everything was very pricy. We thought it wasn't so bad until we realised we were only paying for the meat! $32 for a piece of very small salmon and additional cost for any sides. Not even a (meal) my partner ordered a streak which was $32 plus an additional $5 just for a cup of sauce. And that was it! $100 dinner for a piece of steak and salmon. Will never go back and would never recommend.

3  Thank Birdyb8
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wount bother going into lots of details. The food was over cooked and dry. The double rosted duck was chewy and the 2 slices of mushroom were useless. The best thing about the entree was the food that the chefs bought in and had nothing to do with. Ordered dessert to give the chefs another chance, so I ordered the strawberry wontons. It's was 4 wontons, 4 slices of strawberry 7 balls of vanilla icecream and mixed berry coulis( which on the menu stated strawberry coulis). Service was below standard and would advise to the staff only 1 or 2 of them to take control of the table not all 6 of them. For a restaurant who claims to be fine dinning and the premier establishment of the region, you should really consider relabeling yourself as just another restaurant with nothing more to offer then the same as every other place in town..

2  Thank Sammyj44
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Relaxed indoor/outdoor bar and dining area overlooking the sea. Offers a variety of gluten-free options. Breakfast, lunch and dinner available.