All reviewssurrounding gardensprivate courtyardair congreat locationbeach frontseparate unitstwo bedroom unitshops and restaurantsbbq areaminute drivegood sizeretrokitchenetteaccommodationbundabergfansamenities
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Lovely 2 bedroom apartment. Very clean and comfortable. Amenities in the apartment are great. Manager is very helpful and friendly. Close to several eateries and licensed premises. Ideal for a stay in the Bundaberg region!
I will definitely be returning here in the future!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
waznlinda, Manager at Bargara Gardens Motel & Holiday Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and beautiful Bargara.

Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I have put off writing this review to ensure I am in the right frame of mind and fair in the recount of my experience. It started off well, the first place to ask if we wanted to see the rooms first. There was a damp/chemical smell to the two rooms we got to look at. One was a room with a kitchenette, it was bigger and had less of a smell and for $10 more per night, I figured I can be a bit sensitive to smell and if we open all the windows we would be able to air it out. I was wrong, I got barely any sleep, tried to sleep on the porch sitting up even tried sleeping in the back of my car. The next morning I got someone in to smell the room, they sprayed a neutraliser and gave us some air freshener to spray in five minutes time and to let them know in a few hours time if it didn't get better. We didn't have time to wait, we were booked in for tours although that didn't matter because once we sprayed the air freshener the smell got worse and neutraliser had to be sprayed again. We then got move to a room that had been closed up, so it had that mild closed up smell, so we opened up the window and headed off. It had already started to smell of the same smell before we left but we hope it wouldn't be too bad when we returned from our tours. When we did return the smell was there but not as strong as it had been the night before however we did not get to stay. We were hit by a family tragedy and had to leave directly, I would have expected such an event to have our nights stay charges reimbursed especially since the previous night hadn't been a great experience. I have spoken with others regarding my experience and have said they would demanded a refund on the first night and not given them the second chance I had. I have given them plenty of time in hopes to have a refund hit our bank, sadly it hasn't happened. If you are sensitive to smells or expect consideration when tragedies occur, this is probably not the place for you.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank Louise M
waznlinda, Guest Relations Manager at Bargara Gardens Motel & Holiday Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We are so sorry your visit was so unagreeable to you. You booked a studio villa which when shown you didn't like due to smells, you were upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa at no cost to you. On staffs arrival on Saturday morning you did complain about room smelling and not being able to sleep in it (but partner did). I tried several ways to clean villa but still being unsatisfied I then moved you to another 2 bedroom villa. Both villas you had rejected were rented out to other clients with no complaints from either client. We have contact numbers on the door for any incident after hours and wonder why you did not use this convenience rather than sleep on verandah. 6 hours after checkout on your 2nd night you alerted me to a family tradegy and you would not be staying the night, I offered condonlances and offered any assistance you may require, you were not hurried to leave and 2 hours later you left motel. We do not have cleaners available at 5pm so your upgraded room could not be sold that night hence no refund was offered. I feel the staff did all they could to try and make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

In a great location, close to the seafront and amenities. We enjoyed a 2 night stay here in January in the Retro Villa, which is private and very comfortable. With it's retro décor it has much more character than your usual villa/ motel room. And we loved having the private courtyard to sit in.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Older style cottages but freshly painted and clean. Very quiet and close to everything in Bargara, including all the food places (Rick's is great!) and the beach. Beds for the whole family. New kitchenette. Friendly reception. Good experience!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Duncan M
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Couldnt have had a better weekend!!! The staff was absolutly beautiful!!! And the rooms made you feel at home!! Such a kid/dog freindly place!!!! Couldnt have asked for more! Absolutly clean and stylish rooms! And the pool was delightful for all adults and children.
Would love to thank the staff memeber for being absolutely great!! Constantly working so hard to please the costumers!!! Will highly recommend and be deffently coming again!!
Jarrod and sakarra adams