“late lunch”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely relaxing place. A very late lunch for 3 of pancakes, milkshake, strawberry smoothie, & an iced coffee. Lovely place to take my victorian visitors. We all enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Nice and relaxing spot to enjoy a meal . Very friendly and attentive service . Simple menu but cooked very well . Great breakfast menu and lovely desserts.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I booked two days ahead for 9 women (of which only 7 made it on the day) so there was no excuse for the lack of service or for the one hour wait for our very average meals. I was mortified since I was the one who had picked this Cafe to hold our women's social group get-together.
When we arrived the waitress gave us menu's (to share) & said she would get our drink orders when she came back for our food order. Thankfully I said we would order our drinks first because we were not asked for any more drinks for the entire 2 hours we were there, despite it being 31 degrees! We did ask for water for the table when we ordered our Coffee's and they brought out these tiny glasses which were only half filled with water that was room temperature... which was hot!
My Thai beef salad (when it finally arrived) was hot, limp and the beef was full of fat & gristle. I didn't eat it and told the waitress why when she asked if there was something wrong with it. She just said 'Oh, ok' and that was the end of it, nobody bothered to follow up and they charged me the $18 for it when I paid my bill. When one of our group complained about the hour wait for our meals which mostly consisted of BLT's, the woman said 'Well there was 10 of your meals to get out'! the lady from our group said that actually we had only ordered 5 meals, the other 2 ladies had cake. The woman then said the kitchen was just busy... there were only 10 other people in the entire Cafe!
Would any of us ever go back or recommend Mira's Cafe? Not a chance. It was dreadful!

1  Thank Roses20122013
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Our closest cafe to home and each visit is always a fascinating experience. Be prepared for a slightly random delivery of food and drink, punctuated by lots of convivial conversation and accompanied by musical backdrops at weekends. Chilled out garden setting, great for coffee & cake and a fine selection of tapas available on a Friday evenings. Pop into farm shop out front for freshly picked strawberries when in season, or selection of home made preserves all year round.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Service was excellent, setting very relaxing, lovely garden area, choice of seating was good, location not easy to find but the strawberries are sold at a shop in front of the restaurant which is adjacent to a strawberry farm.