“Perfect”

Manta Bargara Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bargara
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We could not have asked for a better place to holiday, staff very polite and so helpful, great rooms, heated pool and spa superb, would highly recommend to anyone wanting a great holiday. Russell, Gold Coast.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jenandrussell

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely place to stay - the rooms are spotless and beautifully furnished, the view over the ocean is wonderful, the facilities like the pool and spa are a great place to relax, and the hosts are very friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. Looking forward to staying there again!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lori1272
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed at the resort in early July in a three bedroom apartment. Unfortunately, there was a strong sewerage smell coming from both bathrooms. I had to sleep with the balcony doors open, because the smell was very strong. I had already paid for two nights and I could not imagine staying another night with the sewerage smell. I complained to the woman at the reception and she said that the sewerage smell had been a problem in some apartments.
She provided me with a different apartment. This apartment had no sewerage smell, but the air-conditioning could only produce cold air, no heat. In addition, a light-bulb in one of the lamps was broken. I was very happy to leave the resort. I paid a lot of money, it was the most expensive place I had stayed during my holidays – and the one which I liked the least.

Room Tip: Make sure that you use your sense of smell to ensure that you do not get an apartment with sewerage...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Ingrid B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Manta at Bargara Beach and it was fantastic in every way. Really helpful and friendly staff; the decor of the apartments was relaxing; super comfy beds; and a wonderful bathroom.

Plus it is on the wonderful esplanade at Bargara, just a short stroll to the local restaurants. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LJG27
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Apart from the superior location; across the road from the beach, the accommodation was perfectly clean, spacious and very well equipped. Underground parking was spacious, (two spaces for some units), Wifi was convenient and management was courteous and helpful.

We stayed one night when we were going north and we were sufficiently satisfied to stay two nights on our return.

We will stay here again and we strongly recommend Manta.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank n w
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Manta bargara is a very enjoyable stay. The rooms are beautifully set out and they have all the things you could need to use, full kitchen, bathroom and spa bath, comfy beds and lounge room + outside facilities. It is definitely five star.

There are a few things I would not expect from a five star hotel though; having to pay to use the tennis courts, take the rubbish out on departure, the reception is not 24 hours (although in bundy nothing is), the TV in the bedroom barely had any channels, but the TV in the lounge had some foxtel channels (hard to find without a guide on the actual TV).

All in all these were only little things, we enjoyed our stay and we loved the room. Customer service was excellent.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Netty644
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had a two bedroom unit, and I was very surprised at how well set up these units are. Everything you could want for a longer stay was there. They are very spacious and nicely set out. The unusual design allowed for a nice shaded area on the balcony for the dining setting, which also gave a nice view to the water.

We travelled as two couples, and although I could not find any advertising, when I rang I discovered that some of the two bedroom units have two queen beds. The large ensuite as well as a large bathroom worked well for two couples. We only stayed one night, and you cannot book a single night on line. I think it depends how busy they are, but we were able to get a single night by phoning, although understandably one night has a slightly more premium price. However, when compared to getting two motel rooms, this apartment was excellent value.

Parking is secured undercover, and some of the bigger units even had two spaces. There was a nice pool as well as a spa that we used.

Having not been to Bargara Beach before, I was very surprised to discover the beach had no sand, but instead the beach is all large black volcanic rocks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends