“Fantastic place! - Stop by on your way through Childers.”

Snakes Downunder Reptile Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$603.73*
and up
5-Day Fraser Island and Great Barrier Reef Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Childers
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Located just off the highway, this little gem is sure to impress. Here you really can get nice and close to Australia's reptiles. I was impressed with the quality and scheduling of shows/presentations. The keepers seem to be experienced, knowledgeable and keen to educate all visitors on the importance of caring for our wildlife. A visit to this park would also teach children and adults alike on the safe and right way to live side by side with our reptile friends. On our visit, we had a chat to one of the keepers who was more than happy to discuss all things reptiles and answer our questions. I love that we were able to hold and take photos of ourselves with both a snake and/or a baby salt water crocodile at no extra charge! The staff are lovely and show genuine care for the protection and preservation of wildlife and the prices on entry are more than reasonable. I was impressed. Thanks Snakes Downunder!

1  Thank ChristyG01

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I had a great day at Snakes Downunder. We were worried that we had chosen a day in the public holidays and that the place would be overrun with kids. Actually it was not crowded at all. We went to the snake show, the dangerous snake show and the croc feeding. For all of these shows there was enough room that noone was standing in front of, or too close beside us. We were so close to the huge saltwater croc that we were splashed with water when he was feeding. We were even lucky enough to have a personal tour of their collection of monitors etc. We had our photos taken holding an enormous python, and also a baby croc. All of this was included in the entry fee.

The place is incredibly unpretentious, so although you can buy food and drinks there, there is plenty of picnic area where you could eat your own food. I could not believe the value for money - I would recommend going to Snakes Downunder than any of the more touristy places because you get to get up close and personal with the reptiles in a nice relaxed environment.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We visited Snakes Down Under on our way back from Hervey Bay. It was an uncomfortably hot day and yet, this Reptile Park delivered an amazing and memorable experience. The park is small, low key, and yet the staff are fabulous. Very friendly and full of information. We walked amongst the kangaroos, fed them pellets, and met the most friendly emu ever. He thinks he is a human! The snake shows were fabulous. Plenty to see and learn and get close up (but not too close). We got to hold the baby crocodile and get cuddled / entwined with an Olive Python. But the best part was the feeding of the large 4 meter male salt water croc. OMG. that was awesome and scary and spectacular. The croc, Macca, is huge and moves so fast. The guide Ian, was amazing. I am surprised he doesn't get bitten. I recommend this small family park to anyone travelling around the Harvey Bay and Childers area.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have returned year after year to this venue with any visitor who comes to stay with us and we never have failed to be impressed and have always enjoyed our time here, the staff are just so obliging and enthusiastic.. on each return we discover additional attractions have been added, yesterday was no exceptional when we found that koalas, kangaroos, and emus have been introduced.....we took with us our Rotary club's exchange student Anna (from Italy) ... it was her first time to see so many Australian animals up close and personal and know she will remember her time at Snakes Downunder with fond memories..holding a snake, and a 'salty' , feeding kangaroos and emus and having here photography taken with a koala.

I really feel it is so sad for Ian and his hard working staff that many people living in Bundaberg and the region don't realise what a special tourist opportunity is available locally and really it is incredible value for money ...

Reviewed 4 October 2013

It is worth the drive! This was my husband and my third trip to the park, and the second time with our boys. The last two times we have driven from Hervey Bay just to visit the park. It is a very good place to visit, and you can also get a free personal tour from one of the friendly staff. There are two interesting snake shows and the chance to have your photo taken with a snake and crocodile for free with your own camera. We are all scared of snakes, but we have all lined up each time for that photo. It is a good day out, and educational. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Well worth the visit.