This is the kind of place you can either relax and enjoy some romance or go for an action and adventure stay or do both. My wife and I did the latter. We started with Champagne on the deck at sunset before an amazing dinner at Cottons Restaurant which could more then hold its own against the best restaurants in Brisbane. It was a big surprise for a 'country restaurant'. We would come back for the dining alone. This was followed with coffee and star gazing, being far enough away from the city to see the Milky Way. Next day was action day with another fantastic breakfast (don't miss the house made crumpets with honey) followed by archery and clay target shooting, a visit to the animal nursery then morning tea. We did the 4WD tour later in the day that takes you around the property. It was okay but if we had bought the right clothes with us we would have done the mountain biking instead. The property is a favorite for hardcore mountain bikers with some amazing trails but there are easy ones too and the scenery is stunning. Biggest tip would be bring a hearty appetite and get into the activities as they are loads of fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Brisbane set on a stunning 12,000 acre property, Spicers Hidden Vale is a true hidden gem. The retreat is centered around a stunning historic homestead with wide verandas providing views over the little Liverpool Ranges and infinity rock pool. Hatted restaurant Homage is housed inside the homestead where a dedicated team of chefs create masterpieces based entirely on local produce. The original barn is still standing and has been restored, now a place to lounge and relax by the fire, or have beverage or two looking out over the 89 bed market garden. You can set your own pace - for those wanting to relax, there are picnic points, Spa Anise Day Spa, and two beautiful pools with mountain views to relax in. For those wanting a faster pace, there are mountain bike and bush walking trails, 4WD property tours, laser clay and archery. Being a nature refuge, the land is abundant with native wildlife including hundreds of Kangaroos and Wallabies and regular koala sightings. Spicers Hidden Vale has 31 rooms. Choose from Valley View Rooms which overlook the mountains, each with their own private veranda, Heritage suites which stand alone and have their own spa, a cottage for 4, 8 or even 12 guests or for the ultimate experience, Luxury suites which are stand alone, with spacious lounge, spa and private veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Australia - Queensland