we pre purchased this accommodation and were a little disappointed to find the room was in a block away from the main hotel area and not what had been indicated to us prior to our visit by friends who had visited previously. The room was Ok but the cleaning left much to be desired with dead bugs left on the floor for the whole duration of our visit of 3 days.
The outside terrace had a wonderful view but was let down by its dirty and un cared for appearance.
To top it off we were advised that there was a corkage charge of $50 per bottle for any BYO wine. In other words if you wanted a drink in your room then you had to buy it from the hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Brisbane set on a stunning 12,000 acre property, Spicers Hidden Vale is a true hidden gem. The retreat is centered around a stunning historic homestead with wide verandas providing views over the little Liverpool Ranges and infinity rock pool. Hatted restaurant Homage is housed inside the homestead where a dedicated team of chefs create masterpieces based entirely on local produce. The original barn is still standing and has been restored, now a place to lounge and relax by the fire, or have beverage or two looking out over the 89 bed market garden. You can set your own pace - for those wanting to relax, there are picnic points, Spa Anise Day Spa, and two beautiful pools with mountain views to relax in. For those wanting a faster pace, there are mountain bike and bush walking trails, 4WD property tours, laser clay and archery. Being a nature refuge, the land is abundant with native wildlife including hundreds of Kangaroos and Wallabies and regular koala sightings. Spicers Hidden Vale has 31 rooms. Choose from Valley View Rooms which overlook the mountains, each with their own private veranda, Heritage suites which stand alone and have their own spa, a cottage for 4, 8 or even 12 guests or for the ultimate experience, Luxury suites which are stand alone, with spacious lounge, spa and private veranda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Spicers Hidden Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spicers Hidden Vale Hotel Grandchester
- Peppers Hidden Vale Grandchester
- Spicers Hidden Vale Grandchester, Australia - Queensland