“Unexpected visitors”

McNevins Motel Loganholme
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loganholme
“Unexpected visitors”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed as our room had mice and their droppings where in the bathroom and on one of the beds. Was there for work so checked in late and left very early in mornings so couldn't really complain.
The cleaner did clean and dusted the mice poo of the bed but didn't change the sheets. Totally unacceptable!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Kat197

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Easy to get to work straight on to the freeway just outside the door.very good service and great breakfast. Thanks

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Room was clean and tidy. We stayed in the executive spa room and were expecting a bigger spa as such not just a shower over tiny spa bath setup.

• Stayed April 2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here overnight after stopping in Beenleigh unexpectedly. We were looking for an average priced motel room without any frills and that is exactly what we got. We stayed on the ground floor in the older section of the motel. The rooms were being upgraded during our stay and apparently ours had been finished - and I'm sure that was the case (especially when compared to the room next door) - but don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Comfy bed, clean shower, and plenty of space. We were a little worried about the noise from the freeway, but it dropped to a low murmur over night and we managed to sleep quite soundly. I would recommend it for an overnight or short stay if you were just looking for somewhere to sleep and not too worried about ambience or amenities.

Room Tip: The newer section (two storey) is further from the road and looks more modern, with a more pleasant...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Southland
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Stayed there for about 5 days and to be honest we were just looking for somewhere to lay our heads at night basically so we weren't too fussed.

We had a deluxe spa room and it would be a stretch to say it was "deluxe" as the rooms were pretty dated as was the bathroom. The location might be a bit of distraction as it can get pretty noisy being next to the highway but if you don't mind a bit of noise then it is bearable.

Rooms have air conditioning and the beds were comfortable.

Unfortunately we ran into a mouse in our room but it could have been a loner as we left some food on the bench in a box and had a good surprise when we opened the box and out it jumped!

I think we paid $100 a night for the 3 of us so for the cost it wasn't too bad.

Staff were friendly and helpful and that always helps.

No internet access which was a bit of a pain as we had to travel down to the hyperdome to use their kiosks every morning to start our day.

Overall it wasn't too bad but I probably wouldn't recommend it to my friends as I think there may be better options out there. If it was updated then I might as I thought it was in a handy location to Brisbane and Surfers.....and the golf driving range beside is a plus if you enjoy golf as I do!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
loganmichele, Manager at McNevins Motel Loganholme, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Sorry you ran into a field mouse and yes it must have been a loner as we haven't come across anymore. We are on 3.5 acres and surrounded by fields and backing on to a golf course. Usually at the beginning of winter or when you get a cold snap the field mice try to find some place warm. We are fortunate to have a great pest control team who regularly check our property so to minimise any pests.

We are currently renovating our rooms.
You will see photo updates on our website. This can take some time as it means closing rooms down while we do the work but some of our rooms have now been renovated and boast King sized beds with crisp triple sheeting, LCD screens, new carpets freshly painted rooms and the internet has been a problem here as we are unable to cable until after the major renovations but we are currently having wifi installed so on your next visit this wont be a problem for you.

A brand new pool is also being installed which will sport an inground jacuzzi. I am sure this will be enjoyed by many, even myself, come summertime.

Please know that we listen to all guests comments and strive to improve our facilities so you may enjoy your stay but if you should have any problems we are more than happy to resolve them for, all you have to do is call.

Hope you will visit us again

Regards
Michele & Greg
Managers
McNevins Logan Park Motel
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 December 2010

I had booked this accommodation over the Internet and the pictures and advertising speel just do not equate to what you get once you arrive. I firstly found it disconcerting that the motel had charged my credit card and taken payment prior to us even leaving NZ. Our 'executive spa room' couldn't be farther from the truth! Yes, there was a spa bath but only large enough for one person and very dated. The room was decorated in a garish floral wallpaper that had definitely seen better days and the vanity in the bathroom was very dated and chipped back to the bare wood at the bottom. Clean yes, value for money no! The advertising states close to the highway and that is an understatement. The traffic noise is relentless, even with the curtains pulled and the door closed at night. I noticed a number of one-night stayers, we were of the same ilk. Its position would suit a sales rep looking for accommodation close to the highway, somewhere to bed down and as they offer breakfast, this would possibly suit. As to the 4-star rating, we feel this is the owners own grading. At $130 per night, this is not value. We later booked an apartment in Broad Beach for $110 per night with beautiful views. Sorry but it did put a dampener on the start of our 10 day holiday.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank milliejack32
loganmichele, Manager at McNevins Motel Loganholme, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Firstly we at McNevins are grateful for any reviews that we receive as it helps us to Manage our properties better and to understand what the guests needs are.

In response to this review I have looked at our own website and the photos posted are all current and the rooms have a full description of exactly what they are and what is included.
Yes we do charge your credit card immediately on making the reservation online as stated on the website as you would if you were booking a flight on an airline.
McNevins choice of wall papers reflects the style of the buildings (Queenslanders)and while you may not like floral wall paper and perhaps prefer the cheaper painted wall look we have opted for the more expensive and tasteful period decor. I guess your likes and dislikes on decor is different and everyone is entitled to their own opinions but again you can see the wall paper in the photos on the website.
All our beds are a Sealy brand and extremely comfortable. Our spa baths are simply that, they are a spa bath and not a large jacuzee. They have also been shown in the photos on the website.
As we have many guests staying with us, from time to time cabinetry can get damaged and does get damaged especially around the kick board areas at the bottom. We have had maintenance take a look at the damage at the bottom of the kick board which we had been unaware of and have repaired this by replacing the trim that was obviously pulled off the bottom. I would however hardly say that the bottom warrants the comment of the whole vanity being wood bare and the vanities are not dated.
We are grateful to guests when they alert us to these minor repairs and always respond immediately however if you do not tell us we cannot rectify these problems.
We would have gladly moved you into another room.

As for traffic noise, yes we are positioned right next to the M1 motorway mid way between the Goldcoast and Brisbane, only 15 minutes from Dreamworld and Movie world(google us)
All our rooms are well insulated. They have solid wood doors and the windows have thick glass and secure locks. I find that when the door is closed you can barely hear traffic at peak hour.
You may not be used to a lot of traffic in Christchurch NZ and I can understand that as I am also from NZ and went to school in Christchurch but we did put you in a room the furtherest away from the road (at the back of the property-3.5 acre property) as you requested
I do thank you for mentioning that our rooms are clean as we pride our selves on cleanliness and also the friendly hospitality that we extend to all our guests and when you talk about value for money you forgot to mention the fact that all our rooms are serviced on a daily basis, beds are made bathrooms cleaned, fresh linen, tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits are all supplied not to mention soap, shampoo, conditioner, spa gel and shower caps all free of charge and replenished each day.
The Goldcoast is host to numerous highrise apartment blocks and while they do have specials on apartments normally you must reserve these for a minimum of 3 days (usually 7 days) and not over night as you stayed with us.(p.s our 3 night stay rate is $110)
These apartments are also not serviced on a daily basis as we do. These apartments you must clean yourself and even wash your own towels daily, supply your own tea, coffee,sugar and milk and toilet paper -this is how they keep their rates lower.
They can however fluctuate at any given time. Our rates do not alter all year round and we have opted for full servicing of units as we find we keep the rooms cleaner and the guests enjoy coming home after a day at the theme parks to a made bed and fresh towels.
We also have a range of rooms on the property catering for the budget conscious and the families, through to the more luxury suites.
I myself own one of those apartments you are talking about on Broadbeach and I am on the 11 floor and I can still hear the traffic noise and the revellers leaving the clubs around 2am Broadbeach is not that close to the theme parks-except Seaworld a
We also have an onsite restaurant which offers a broad menu choice to cater for most palates with a wine selection to suit. Our Chef is outstanding and prides himself on only presenting fine dining.
Being on 3.5 acres (and I live on the property so I should know better than anyone) the gardens are a peaceful place to walk around or sit and read a book. Other than the golf range situated next door we have no neighbours to disturb us.
I am sorry that you feel your holiday was dampened by this but had you just made one phone call to reception I am absolutely sure we would have done what ever we could to rectify any of your problems including upgrading you.

Should you have any other suggestions for us we would be happy to hear them so please do not hesitate to contact me direct

Regards

Michele Jones
Manager
McNevins Logan Park Motel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loganholme
Travelodge Hotel Garden City Brisbane
#1 of 2 in Hillcrest
Logan City Motor Inn
Logan City Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Slacks Creek

Been to McNevins Motel Loganholme? Share your experiences!