“Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mapleton
Taman Sari Private Pavilions
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was a late change as my first accommodation had double booked me and cancelled me , but which worked out great this place is a gem
Chris was very helpful and had me at total ease , villa was very clean and totally fitted out with all the mod cons
And the fridge was stocked with a great assortment of goodies for breakfast ,Oh and the fresh bread every morning
Was so good . The view from the deck and all bird calls just chilled us out so quick .
I can only hope I can come back for another visit in the near future

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiwi4179

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We recently stayed at Taman Sari for a couple of nights - we had an amazing time! The weather was terrible - rainy, windy, cold...but just perfect because it allowed us nestle in and have a lovely romantic time. Long baths, comfy robes, movies, reading, board games...all those things that are perfect in wet weather. I'm not sure if we would have enjoyed it as much had it been hot and sunny!!

The pavilions themselves (there are two) are nestled into the tree tops, next to each other but still very private. The spa bath is awesome - plenty of room for two. Bed is super comfortable. Provisions left in the cupboard and fridge are thoughtful and delicious, including the fudge brownies on arrival! There were bacon, eggs, salmon, locally made jams (to go with the fresh bread/croissants delivered in the mornings), cereals, Byron Bay muesli, local yoghurt, fresh fruit, tea, coffee...the list goes on. Plenty to satisfy all breakfast cravings!

There are great walking/hiking tracks nearby - unfortunately due to the rain we only got to go over to Mapleton falls, but in nice weather they'd be beautiful. We ate lunches in Montville, and chose to cook ourselves dinner in our pavilion (we didn't want to leave!). There is a BBQ on the deck for this, plus a small kitchenette with everything else you'd need.

We had an amazing time, and wish to thank Chris for having us, we felt very spoilt! If you want to 'get away from it all' - this is the place for you!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My wife and I would like to firsty thank Chris from the bottom of our hearts. The property is stunning, the villas perfect and the service outstanding. Chris allowed myself and groomsman to visit the villa in the morning to set the romatnic mood for my new bride and even assisted by lighting tea light candles for our arrival back from the reception outside our villa.

When there was a transportation issue to the ceremony Chris took time out of her day to drive me and my groomsman into Malany. We thank you so much for that.

The villas can only be described as PERFECT. Anything that is required is there. Every morning there is a little basket outside waiting for your collection that has amazing baked breads. It's these little things that really go the extra mile.

The surrounding bushland is an ideal relaxation setting but you also have the option of the small surrounding towns to visit if you feel the need. We plan to visit again in the near future and cannot wait.

Thank you Chris.

Room Tip: Both villas would be perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

LOVE this place! Chris goes out of her way to make you feel spoilt, can't imagine why someone would put a bad review here, the attention to detail is second to none. Amazing view, amazing bath room, ideal setting! My first visit was a rainy weekend where we did nothing but relax and stay in the cabin, the second visit we traveled to many restaurants including the thai spirit house and a local winery flame trees (great lunch!). I think I preferred the first visit where we stayed in the cabins for the majority of the weekend, because the peace and tranquility was all consuming. A walk down the path to visit the cows and sheep is a must, or turn around and walk in th opposite direction to the falls!

Great romanic couples escape!

Thank you Chris! X

Room Tip: Only 2 cabins, we had the same one both visits, far right and loved it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

If you are reading these reviews to make up your mind as to whether you should choose Taman Sari as your accommodation choice ... then please book your stay TODAY. Nestled in the hinterland - it is the most idyllic retreat for the mind - body and soul. The pavilions were stunning to say the least - however they were outshone by our Host Chris - whose attention to detail and pure passion for sharing her property - were amazing to say the least. If you are looking for tranquil - peaceful - luxurious and amazing - you have found your destination.
K-J and Ray. Melbourne

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Great location, nice cabin, but the owner completely destroyed our experience of the place. Would never recommend this place to anyone. Yelled at the bride and groom for being to loud on their wedding day, could have been much more tactful when addressing the noise issue. Worst start to a wedding day, and the worst customer service I have received in many, many years. Enter at own risk.

• Stayed: September 2012
cftmaplton, Owner at Taman Sari Private Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

I am sorry the incident occured in the first place. It could have been avoided if one respected that this is a 'guests only' property. The privacy and amenity of other guests in another pavilion should be considered. What the reviewer failed to mention was the number of visitors who arrived to their pavilion at 7am, the time and place of the alleged incident.

Manners surely would dictate that visitors entering the property check with reception first.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

I cannot say enough to recommend this as the perfect place for any couple looking for total privacy and affordable LUXURY in the most peaceful and magnificent surroundings.
I recently eloped and was married in the stunning gardens of Taman Sari and stayed there for an idyllic honeymoon. The owner, Chris Thomas was wonderful and went far above and beyond our best expectations to ensure that the wedding and the rest of our stay passed flawlessly. She even took photos for us!!!!!!
The accommodation is nestled in the bush and from the verandah you see miles and miles of the Australian bushland all the way to the horizon. From the spacious verandah, you are actually relaxing in the tree tops. That was a fantastic surprise for us.
There is nothing missing from the accommodation in terms of design and furnishing. The fridge is stocked with lovely food and products from local businesses. I won't spoil the surprise by giving up any details. I will say though, that the piping hot fresh bread and croissants delivered to the room each morning were amazing.
The bathroom is large and romantic with a long spa bath, fluffy white towels, gorgeous L'Ocitane products, candles and snuggly bathrobes.
There is a loft style bedroom with a comfortable queen sized bed. There was not the usual, awful hotel bedspread (yuck!). At this place you will find clean, spotless, quality white cotton quilt covers and linen and big squishy pillows.
I loved every minute of our time there, especially the nights sitting in front of the fire. During the day all the beaches, bushwalks, waterfalls and restaurants are only a few minutes away.
There is so much more to say but you really have to experience it for yourself.
I hope lots of you take the opportunity to stay there and visit the beautiful Sunshine Coast.
Thank you Chris for everything but mostly, for the perfect first memories we now have as husband and wife.
Cheers all
Sharon

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mapleton
Clouds of Montville
Secrets on the Lake
#2 of 9 in Montville
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort
Mapleton Falls Accommodation

Been to Taman Sari Private Pavilions? Share your experiences!