“Weekend Rainforest Hideway”
Review of Tanglewood Gardens

Tanglewood Gardens
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at Tanglewood in August 2011.

Stayed at Tanglewood a few weekends before and we came back in August. We enjoyed the tranquil environment, and the peaceful surroundings. Not many people know this place, and I am glad not many do as the rainforest is kept in its healthy pod. If you are looking for a weekend away from a busy schedule, choose this place. Bring an esky filled with food and drink and bring some DVDs and enjoy doing nothing but relaxing.

There is a BBQ outside, and a fully functioning kitchen inside, though it is small but spacious enough for two. If you are to bring kids, there are options to cater for your needs.

During the night, make sure you don't watch tv and just listen to nature outside. It is amazing. Mobile phone reception is terrible, but it is a blessing. Being in this resort truly does take away all your stress levels by taking away your addiction to mobile phones. So once you arrive, you know you're in for a treat, nature that is.

When you wake up, you will hear nothing but nature. It is very relaxing.

Would I come back again? Most definitely.

Room Tip: All the cabins are very good and they have positioned them to maximise your privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My mother-in-law booked three cabins for our family for two nights. We were in Flaxton for a family wedding and the cabins were ideal for us. We entered ours to find a sweet old-fashioned cot already set up for our toddler - which he loved - plenty of blankets for him and a soft toy. Really thoughtful. Anne had also already helped us arrange a babysitter with a local agency so both my husband and I could attend the wedding reception nearby. The nights were very cool but the heater was terrifically efficient so we were toasty warm at night. While it's true some of the fittings and furnishings are a little tired, it's a very comfortable, welcoming and warm place. The gardens are really gorgeous and my son loved exploring the winding paths, little bridges and secret hollows. Moreover, we left a treasured stuffed toy behind, and when I called to enquire about it, Anne immediately responded and the toy has arrived in today's post with my great thanks - at no charge to us. We had a lovely stay - the whole family loved it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana J
Reviewed 10 May 2012

On the 21st of April my partner and i had our wedding ceremony at Tanglewood Gardens,We read a few bad reviews but decided to give it ago ourselves and tanglewood turned out to be a great holiday place. The Surroundings were beautiful as it is situated in the rainforest , waking up to the birds chirping was lovely. The Staff were helpful and Friendly. On the friday night the 20th of april my bridmesmaids and myself stayed in the Queenslander , It was very spacious and had all the items we required.Saturday the day of our wedding my partner and i wanted to have a garden wedding which was fine and we also got to use most of the items out of the chapel which was helpful to us. The ceremony turned out to be lovely. On the Saturday night my parnter and I stayed in the Studio room which was a Honeymoon Suite it was presented beautifully with rose petals on our bed and also a bottle of wine. The bed was compfortable we had the best sleep. We were upset about not knowing how to work the spa but Ann is being very generous and letting us experience the spa for another night which we are greatful for. Which we cant wait for as we love the surroundings. Most of of our guests stayed at tanglewood and they had nothing bad to say about the retreat except for some bugs every now and then but what do you expect when being in a rainforest. Overall we had the best time cant wait to go there again.

Room Tip: I suggest the Honeymoon Suite as it was spacious and presented beautiful, :)
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is quite seriously the worst place I have ever stayed. Initially we were checked into the wrong cabin but were then given the room that I paid extra for. What a disgusting place! The smell of mould was enough to knock you backwards, the sheets weren't clean, there was an inch or more of dust and dirt under the bed, the lino flooring was coming up in a lot of areas, there were dead insects everywhere but the most disgusting thing was the water issue. When we walked on the floor water literally gushed from underneath it and made the flooring very slippery. This obviously explained the mould issue.
When I went to complain to the owner she was unavailable to see me and instead told me to move to another cabin. This cabin is a lot better in terms of smell and appeal however we are sharing our bathroom with a lot of cockroaches.
We have stayed in a lot of cabins around Montville/Mapleton area and have never had any problems. This is by the far the worst accommodation we have ever had. I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodi W
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I wonder about the motives and expectations of those who leave a negative review on this place. It is extremely affordable and is in beautiful location and has a lot of great facilities. I would recommend this to anyone and it is well priced.

1  Thank Mzilikazi71
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed at Easter. Beautiful Place. Staff Helpful Efficent + Friendly. However although clean the Decor was very dated 6+ 70's ish. They whole place needs refurbishing + upgrading. The Surrounding Area + Gardens are beautiful + in a great location but they also bably need upgrading + bettr maintenance. Enjoyed our stay + thec cost fine but.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Queenslander was dirty cockroach infested railings on verandah were loose and we had 2 year old.Ramp on side of house had broken slat.Safety features were zero.Pool was dirty and my daughters hair turned green after being in the spa.Hairdryer was not safe to use and windows filthy.Bathroom had mould in shower and toilet also was not up to standard.Great location but property totally neglected looks nothing like the website.On the positive side we were given $100 to cover hairdresser costs but I doubt that it will be enough and the money was handed over very reluctently.

Room Tip: Queenslander sleeps 12 but very old would be ok for young group as steps are dangerous not suitable...
1  Thank 271petrag_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mapleton
Kondalilla Eco Resort
#1 of 1 in Hunchy
Treetops Montville
Treetops Montville
#6 of 14 in Montville

Been to Tanglewood Gardens? Share your experiences!