“Romantic,secluded,perfect.”
Review of Tanglewood Gardens

Tanglewood Gardens
“Romantic,secluded,perfect.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My partner and I don't get away very often without our teenagers.When we stumbled upon this “oasis“,we couldn't believe how beautiful it was.The staff were friendly and helpful while still respecting our privacey.We had,such a romantic refreshing few days away.We love it and highly recommend Tanglewood.It will now be “our“ place to go,and are returning for our anniversary in Nov.Thank you for sharing your gardens of Eden.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mansfield, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

It is clear that there is a big divide between reviewers on here and that is because while Tanglewood is cheap and a decent place to stay, it is incredibly disappointing. The whole place was in terrible shape: mouldy dusty rooms, very unkempt grounds contrary to the photos and just a general feel that it had been built 20-30 years ago and not been touched since. If you are passing through and looking for a place to stay the night then I would recommend Tanglewood, or if you're strapped for cash and in desperate need of a couple nights away. Even then every single motor inn /pub room I have been to beats Tanglewood, so in no other circumstance would I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Mapleton hotels

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at tanglewood for 1 night and that was more than enough. The smell of mould and the layer of dust on everything kept my husband up all night coughing and sneezing. The cabin was filthy. I refused to take my shoes of for the whole time I was in the cabin. Weasel plans to have a BBQ but changed our mind when we saw the state of it. Filthy. I would never recommend this place to anybody. Totally run down and neglected property. Should have their rating changed as it is seriously wrong.

• Stayed July 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We recently stayed in cabin 11, and had a fabulous overnight stay. Compared to the price of places nearby Tanglewood is real value for money. The homely cottage even had cut wood in fireplace -it is cold here at night, and a click-clack couch in addition to the queensize bed. All furniture was new and the owners are updating each cabin. The rooms contain everything you could think of including a bascinette in the cupboard. The kitchenette was so well equipped you could easily do all your cooking in - if you wanted a quiet getaway. The owner Ann went out of her way to assist us, and even gave us a ride home from the wedding venue at the winery 3k up the road. (There are no taxies in this area) Great place to stay although it is not modern it is true rustic country style and a romantic private spot.

Room Tip: Cabin 11 was quiet and private with new furniture
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Canberra -
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had a 2 night stay here and I would have to say that the facility is very tired and out of date and in urgent need of an upgrade. The staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough to ensure we were happy, but the room it's self was very old and the equipment in the kitchen just a miss matched collection of "stuff" would be much better to have less in the cupboards and have it all newer and matching. Creates a better impression!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My partner and I went away for 4nights to this beautiful retreat, so nice to get away and not have to worry about a thing. The fire place was definitely a bonus as it was freezing! Waking up to the rainforest was amazing and only a few minutes drive from Montville. The owners Ann and David were very helpful and very welcoming!! Definitely be back there again!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Crows Nest, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was so very disappointed in my stay at a unit in Tanglewood Gardens. It had such potential - a pretty setting, quiet and serene. But the unit was very old and mouldy and stank and as a result of breathing it all night I woke with asthma, which I haven't had for about a year. The spa was nice but needed a clean. The pool looked very clean but was too cold for us at the time of day we arrived.

When I spoke with the manager at check-out about the mould smell she said it is in the carpets and they intend to rip them out one unit at a time and put tiles in. Great. Doesn't help me at all though and I won't bother staying here again. In my opinion people shouldn't be staying in these units as breathing in mould is hazardous to our health. Not happy. Luckily for us the towns nearby and parks were fantastic, which made up for the disappointment that Tanglewood Gardens was.

Room Tip: Ask if the rooms have had carpet removed.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Carolyn A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mapleton
Clouds of Montville
Eden Lodge
#1 of 3 in Mapleton
Montville Mountain Inn Resort
BIG4 Forest Glen Holiday Resort

Been to Tanglewood Gardens? Share your experiences!