Kangaroo Island is off the south coast of Australia bordered by the Southern Ocean with the next land mass being Antarctica. I booked a 3 day trip there and only knew which hotel I was staying in when I arrived. The Kangaroo Lodge is situated in the quite area of American River. There was a stunning view from my room of the water, with black swans and pelicans. In the early morning I saw the rare black cockatoos and other more common birds such as sulphur crested cockatoos and galahs. The staff were very friendly and efficient providing me with my itinerary for the 2 days, the next morning. My room was excellent with comfortable living area, up to date kitchen and bathroom. There was even deacaf coffee provided which in my experience is unusual. The hotel had a swimming pool which would be useful in summer and for families. I had one meal in the restaurant which I enjoyed. There is internet access. I would definitely go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River