We stayed at the lodge for 2 nights. The building is old, but rooms were refurbished. It comes with a little kitchenette; including microwave oven. No WiFi in the hotel! Outside swimming pool wasn’t operating. Our deal included continental breakfast; which was ok.
We also had dinner at their restaurant which was a little pricy, but good!
Most of the restaurants in American River were closed on the days we were there.
During our stay, on both mornings, we were facing a problem of no running water in the rooms.
No apologizing curtsey phone call from reception! Only after calling to query about the problem, that we heard they already knew about it. It took a long while to be fixed on both days.
We were upset by the inconvenient. No compensation was on offer though.
On the positive side, It is well located and rooms were clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River