Stayed 2 nights with a friend while we toured around KI. I had purchased a voucher for a 2 nights in a "superior bayview" room, with 20% off dinner one night in their restaurant and breakfast included, half price room rates.
To begin the room was neat and tidy, 2 single beds, small balcony basic TV, bathroom, tiny fridge (not even mini-fridge size). Would have been very unhappy to be paying full price (advertised $300 per night) as there was no room to spread out or relax apart from on the beds or on the tiny balcony. No hairdryer in bathroom, no room service for meals either. Had dinner in the restaurant both nights as there are no other dining facilities in American River. Service and food was excellent however menu was very limited and to my surprise the "locally Caught" fish was almost the most expensive dish on the menu at over $30! We had breakfast included in our voucher, otherwise we definetly would have eaten elsewhere for breakfast. At $18 I thought it was far too expensive for basic bacon,eggs,toast, cereal buffet. What fruit was on offer was either tinned or frozen. No undercover parking available and you are unable to park by your room as the hotel is built into the side of the hill.
To conclude, staff were very friendly, rooms were neat and clean but very basic and meals good. Overall though was overpriced for what was offered, Avoid paying full price if you can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kangaroo Island, one of Australia's great wilderness destinations, is best known for its magnificent coastal views, unique landscapes, uncrowded beaches and fascinating wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, koalas, Australian sea-lions, New Zealand fur seals and Little penguins. Kangaroo Island is a place of natural beauty and a place to escape. Kangaroo Island Lodge is situated on the banks of Eastern Cove in American River, with all rooms perfectly perched offering exceptional water views over the bay. Amid lush coastal vegetation, Kangaroo Island Lodge blends in with its natural surroundings. There is no better place to unwind and to enjoy the peace and tranquility. The seclusion of this area allows for the abundance of wildlife to roam free. Tammar wallabies, brush tailed possums, black swans, Cape Barren geese, Australian pelicans and the rare and endangered glossy black cockatoos can all be found in here. The outer bay of Eastern Cove offers excellent sailing and fishing in protected waters. The Kangaroo Island oyster industry is also located in American River, with the Oyster Shed located just down the road from the Kangaroo Island Lodge. If you are a keen walker, there are two main walking tracks, the Independence Trail and the Fish Cannery walk. Both walks meander through the natural coastal scrub where numerous species of wildlife and birdlife can be seen. So why not come and escape to the Kangaroo Island Lodge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel All Seasons Kangaroo Island American River
- Kangaroo Island Hotel
- Kangaroo Island American River
- Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge American River