Firstly anyone undecided about visitng Kangaroo Island, you must go it was the best part of our whole trip!
The hotel is basic and very outdated. The restaurant looks like a canteen but has ridiculous priced food for very small portions, I was starving after I finished dinner. Breakfast was an absolute joke, I have never seen such a poor spread before toast and cereal only! There is no where else to eat in Penneshaw!
The rooms are not very comfortable and don't give a very exciting view of the sea. The penguin colony is very close to the hotel and I could imagine in breeding season it could
very difficult to get any sleep as they are active at night. The wind howled under our bedroom door all night, which was very annoying. Our shower head was broken and spewed water in every direction. We complained the next morning and asked for it to be fixed while we were out for the day, nothing was done about it. When we went to complain at 8.10pm there was no one on reception despite it says it is manned until 8.30pm, so we dialled 9 on the phone as it says to and the handset phone just rang and rang behind the desk. We went to find the receptionist and found her hiding in the dark in a room on her mobile. When we stood staring at her in horror she asked was there a problem? Said yes our shower was still broken, she said someone would be with us in a minute and went back to her phone call. I said it is not good enough you are the receptionist and are the only person around so deal with it now. She finally came to reception 10 mins later and said she had finished work but out of the goodness of her heart would help us and gave us keys to another room. I complained about her in the morning, she hadn't finished work and was slacking, not good enough.
I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seafront is perfectly situated in Penneshaw - Gateway to Kangaroo Island, and overlooks the magnificent Backstairs Passage. Kangaroo Island is totally unspoilt with white beaches, stunning coastlines and home to an abundance of wildlife. If you're looking for four-star accommodation in an idyllic setting, this is surely the place, located on the Esplanade just 500 metres from the Sealink Ferry Terminal. The Kangaroo Island Seafront has 16 rooms and 12 Villas.....Choose from the 4star Sea Front Rooms with spectacular views and private balcony, 4star Sorrento's rooms located upstairs in the original guest building or the sanctuary of our Deluxe Villas. Bringing the family? Why not stay in one of our 1, 2 or 3 bedroom Villas. FREE WiFi for all our guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Kangaroo Island Seafront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Seafront Hotel Penneshaw
- Kangaroo Island Seafront Penneshaw