“Exceptional service, comfortable accommodations”

Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Doncaster
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed at the Beau Monde for a week, just after completing a major tour of the Australian outback, arriving in the Land Cruiser dirty and dusty from weeks in the desert. James, the hotel manager made every accommodation needed, including switching rooms for an additional bed and allowing us to park the high profile vehicle outside of the parking garage.

The room was spacious and the internet was free (a rarity in Australia), making the stay comfortable and relaxing. They even let me use the hotels washer and dryer to get the red dirt out of my gear. James was exceptional and made the stay personal and relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank expeditionswest
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your kind words about James. We pride ourselves on our people and I have passed your kind words onto the team.
I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel during your next visit to Melbourne.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The location was great for our needs, to attend a Wedding not at the hotel. We organised pick up from Airport & return to Airport through the hotel. Peter was a delight, we had an early start back to the Airport in peak hour traffic, nothing was a problem for him & would thoroughly recommend this service. EXCELLENT. Reception had pleasant staff except one person. When enquiring about the TV reception was told to wriggle the cords. Room was basic. Lookout onto courtyard ?& couldn't open blinds as other rooms looked into our room.
Restaurant was excellent, great breakfast. Would we stay there again, probably yes, but not in a back room.

Room Tip: Not back rooms as other rooms look into your. Can't put up blinds & allow natural light in.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I have passed your kind words onto Peter, the hotel driver, thank you so much - he will be delighted!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I have now stayed here twice. And both times, wished I hadn't. The food is good and that's where it ends for me. Both times my rooms have been very out dated and crusty. Cracked toilet, rust around the bath, ironing boards and irons that need replacing. No air con in the this room, so it was either to hot or to cold. My bed sheets had blue ink like marks – these where big, so the housekeepers would have seen this while putting them on the bed. TV was way to hard to work – first night I had 6 channels by the end of my stay I had 3. The night reception guy is lovely and friendly, but the morning lady – not so much.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. Plenty of FREE parking on site. Room quite spacious with sofa and large bathroom. Air con was noisy though. Overall rooms seem to have been nicely redecorated and represented good value. Emily on reception was very helpful as were F&B staff.

Room Tip: Room at rear of building as away from busy Doncaster Road
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It's so lovely to read your kind words about our staff and I have passed on your comments to the team.
I hope we are able to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were recently married at this place. And the months of planning we have received amazing service and care from Amy and Sharon who did everything they could to help.

The rooms were amazing, our suite where we stayed the night was spacious and beautiful.

All the guests at the wedding said it was the best food ever at a wedding and I have to agree!!

Thank you for all your help!

• Stayed: January 2013
BeauMondeMelbourne, Manager at Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Congratulations and thank you for allowing us to look after you on your special day! Weddings are such a wonderful occasion and I am so glad our service and product helped make the day even more special for you. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and can’t wait to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.
Many thanks

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Deluxe Room we had was nice but lil outdated but still nice none the less. Arrived on a warm July day and their was this loud annoying noise which after calling reception we were told was the air conditioner system as there was a conference on, was so annoyingly loud but I guess we were right next to it. Went to open windows to let in some light and windows looked out to this absolutely tiny hexagon shaped courtyard thing which looked UGLY and other rooms all looked out to this also. So I soon closed the curtains down again one cause of ugly view and two didnt want other rooms seeing in.

Bathroom spa wasn't 100% clean had lil scum around plug hole so washed before use.

Booked with room 2 fully cooked breakfasts inroom, but would have been nice to be told at check it, that we had tocall and order what we wanted in morning and between what times as almost missed out waiting for it to arrived as we guessed it was set meal. And when food arrived it was cold like many others have stated

Manager on check in was rude barely gave us a look in and was to busy doing what ever he was doing to really even speak to us.

Very good location if you are attending something in that immediate area. We had wedding near by so was only reason we booked there. Would have stayed someone nicer with lovely view for price we paid.

Room Tip: Food maybe hotter if you eat in restaurant and not have room service!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Beau Monde International and I am so sorry your stay was not up to our usual high standards. It was disappointing to read your comments about the spa, your feedback has been passed onto our Executive Housekeeper and I can assure you that all spas are cleaned daily. I hope we are able to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed in a deluxe room (number 26) and enjoy the spacious room and peace and quiet the hotel had to offer. The bathroom is large with a big corner spa, with a shower over the spa (not my favourite, but nothing major to complain about).

The room service menu is restricted, with fairly average fare (dim sums, vegetarian pizza, chips, ham and cheese sandwich) and the food was quite cold when it arrived.

Check-in and out was quick and the staff are pleasant.

Room Tip: Room 26 is lovely.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Beau Monde International. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Megan Coelho

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doncaster
Quest Mont Albert
#1 of 1 in Mitcham
Novotel Glen Waverley
Novotel Glen Waverley
#1 of 4 in Glen Waverley

Been to Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!