“Glasshouse restaurant - Bitterly disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Caulfield
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Glasshouse restaurant - Bitterly disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I patronised this place 2-3 times a year. Great set-up and layout. However, we were bitterly disappointed to go there when celebrating our 1st sons engagement. Being a Citibank Platinum customer we are given a free bottle of wine when dining at the registered establishments.
They were and are. While paying and showing them your card they refused to comply and denied still being with them. After paying for the meal and a bottle I left my details for the manager to contact me and to my surprise they didn't. I left several messages over the week but to no avail.
Well screw you Glasshouse restaurant. You don't have my business or my families. You are in a customer service industry. Listen to your customers and don't have staff who are not trained or have managers to ensure they give the correct service and a good impression. I complained to Citibank and hope the appropriate action is taken.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank SirRichardofBayview

Melbourne, Australia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Melbourne Cup Day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Love going to the Melbourne Cup when I can afford to. So many different people & dress/fashion on the field to watch. Excellent feeling when your horse crosses the winning line first. Lovely gardens & food show.

Sydney, Australia
1,785 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,796 helpful votes
“A special course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I spent my early years around this course so it has always been special to me.
Perhaps not as famous as Flemington, I have always enjoyed the smaller atmosphere more than Flemington.Some days are better than others and if you had to choose a special day, then Caulfield Cup in spring has to be it.

Visited October 2012
BENALLA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Part of the Spring racing double”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Although I am not a racing enthusiast, t5his course plays a major role inj our Spring Carnival. I often viewed it from the train window on my way to Melbourne. I have been to functions in the venue and enjoyed the ambiance of the track.

1 Thank Pidge23
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“It's a pity that the photo for this rating is the wrong race course!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Caulfied in the smaller little brother of it's big brother, Flemington (where the Melbourne Cup is held) yet Caufiled punches above it's weight at times. The Caulfield Cup at the start of the Melbourne Srping Racing carnival is a day at the races where you can still get the crowds but it's less of a crush. Little ageing but still OK. I'm not a horse nut so you shouldn't ask me.