Our trip was over the Christmas 2012 period, we rented a 3 bedroom (unit 12) as we were travelling with 2 couples and our two children (13 mths and 3.5 yrs). The apartment size was adequate, main bedroom included an ensuite which was a bonus. This apartment is low set and had a small courtyard at the rear and a double car garage. These apartments were partly chosen due to the proximity to family who live in nearby Blackburn South. Our stay was one week (Friday in, following Friday out).
We found that the apartment had a number of issues which we have raised with the management:
* the bins were full to overflowing when we arrived on a Friday mid-late afternoon, with next collection day the following Tuesday morning. We called the apartment managers immediately to notify but due to timing it was impossible for them to do much until the Monday in any case.
* the kitchen floors were sticky and when we swept up to try and mop, discovered potato chips on the floor (not good with a toddler);
* this unit has only one "wall mount" air conditioner (not a split system) in the living area. Additionally there was only one pedestal fan provided. This proved totally inadequate on what was the hottest night recorded in Melbourne history during our stay. Also due to the low set apartment, we did not feel confident to leave the windows ajar especially in the children's room due to no security screens.
* old tags and a sock was found under the bed in the main bedroom
* the dishwasher basket for the cutlery had holes in approximately 50% of the holders, and the dishwasher smelt greasy
* there was a loose tile in the entryway to the ensuite.
* the DVD player was inoperable
* the weekly service was attempted on the day before we left (we do concede timing may have been partly due to the Christmas and Boxing Day public holidays, but seemed pointless)
* garage door remote had poor range - had to get out of the car when we wanted to open the door when getting back from a trip.
* pretty much self contained
* very quiet, all of the units are well back from Canterbury Road so little to no road noise
* located in between two shopping centres (Forest Hill Chase to west and Brentford Square to east, both off Canterbury Road) - I recommend using Brentford Square for groceries and majority of necessities as the car park is easier to manage, though it's harder to get back to the Apartments from here.
* charming village layout, thought we didn't use it there are communal BBQs and "park bench" nearby which would be nice to use on longer stays (a lot of our meals were with the family!)
Much better than staying in a hotel. The town houses are a little older, but were clean and most of all, quiet and comfortable. For business it was very convenient with its location. Next time in Melbourne I would definitely stay here again. You get so sick of motels when traveling, this felt more like a home. You felt like you had a private space. A feeling you never really get from a hotel.
Extremely well located for the eastern suburbs and only 5 minutes drive from the Eastern freeway and well located for Nunawading railway station. The stand alone townhouses are located in a quiet location well off the main road which makes for a very peaceful setting. The units are superbly presented with plenty of room to relax and all the comforts of home are included. As the units are all detached, they are quiet and a perfect escape after a hard day working or sightseeing. Forest Hill Chase shopping centre is a short walk away and there is a lovely park and leisure centre 5 minutes walk away.
Travelling with a young family (an 18 month old) we rented a 2 bedroom unt and we found this to be an ideal "home away from home" and Park Avenue will provide travel cots if you need them. Weekly servicing is done to a very high standard and any queries we had during our stay were promptly attended to by the office staff.
Be sure to fire up the communal BBQ in the summer months and enjoy! All units have a garage for your car (with space for another car in front of the garage) and plenty of visitor parking in the main driveway.
Relocating from SA we decided to avoid renting in the expensive inner suburbs and look in the south eastern area. We had to find some temporary accommodation and an internet search showed Park Avenue Accommodation had lots of serviced apartments in the area. We looked at Apartments @ Burwood East however then found a better family option at Apartments @ Forest Hill. We chose the second one due to the length of our stay, open space for our kids to play and a courtyard. It felt much more like home being in a quiet village style set up and was just close enough to walk to a big shopping centre. Our townhouse was bigger than we anticipated and we didn’t regularly see any staff around which was a bit strange but also good. The kids did miss not having a swimming pool and play facilities on site however we found these just across the road. Great place for families but wouldn’t recommend it for those wanting some night life.
Usually we stay in 2 bedroom serviced apartments but we were thrilled to find 3 bedroom accomodation through Park Avenue Accommodation for about the same price we would normally pay for a 2 bedroom serviced apartment. The name of the property Apartments @ Forest Hill is deceiving as we were expecting to stay in an apartment but it turned out to be a large townhouse with a small courtyard which was a pleasant surprise. We had booked a rental car and the added security of having a private garage was also a bonus.