“Slow paced and wonderful place for a family”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orkney Springs
Shrine Mont Retreat and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orkney Springs
Reviewed 20 October 2009

My family went to Shrine Mont every year with our church. At first, my son who was 7 on his first visit, thought upon arrival that the place was horrible because there were no TV's and no luxuries of home. Bare bones furnishing . It surely was a shock to him, but after that first weekend he wanted to return every year. It's so odd that we lose touch with nature, good friends, and conversation in our busy every day lives. We all love Shrine Mont. Now that he just entered college, I am thinking of taking him back to relive the close times we had as a family in the beautiful and serene setting of this wonderful "resort" at the end of a road in a small town with no where to go. But, ohhhhh , there is plenty to do - climb the top of the mountain, wander in the woods, eat loads of good ole' home cooking fully prepared for you in a group setting, fishing or reading by the lake, and so much more. If you want to build relationships with a group of friends, your family, co-workers, or whomever, you will not be disappointed with Shrine Mont. The civil war hotel is amazing with porches everywhere, and there are small and large "cottages" to rent on the property too. I love this place and some of the greatest memories of my life were created here. This isn't the Ritz, there is no glitz, but there is so much to learn about yourself here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank krproperty

Reviewed 4 June 2008

Shrine Mont is a wonderful place apart from the hectic world we live in, its like stepping back in time to a simpler place. Well the rooms are just old beds and there is no AC, Shrine Mont is about putting your self in touch with God and nature, and is a beautiful rest. I my self have been going to Shrine Mont with my church for about 10 years now! There are many things to do there like take a hike, fish, ride around the country, if you go you will have fun, and most likely good fellowship with other guests who are there too. Oh, and I almost forgot the food! When you stay at Shrine Mont food is included in your stay, and do they ever have good home cooking, this is not the place to be on a diet, but one bite of there famous Meat loaf, or Mrs. Mooma's apple butter and you will be hooked for life.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank dc_city_chick
A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 9 October 2004

I have been going to Shrine Mont since I was a child, and there is no place like it. The town of Orkney Springs is very quaint and the old hotel is beautiful. It is a great place for a get-away and offers great hiking and good country food!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2004

My entire family will arrive today, Jul 24, at Shrine Mont Conference Center for a one week family get together. It will be our 31st consecutive year to do this! Need I say more?

6  Thank mountaineer33

Been to Shrine Mont Retreat and Conference Center? Share your experiences!