“Friendly & Helpful”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
“Friendly & Helpful”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Professional staff, and very helpful.. wanted the room facing the city.. but there was none left, the staff talked about how beautiful the other side is ( the one they gave us).. it was nice, a room facing the airport, we were able to see the planes take off and land

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear 'roshiie'

Thankyou for taking the time to provide such a great review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel. Its appreciated !

We have some great views around the local area, however my favourite view is from the room that you ended up staying in - overlooking the airport and watching the lineup of planes landing. Whenever my family stays, my son is literally glued to the window watching & identifing planes land (or takeoff) all evening.

Another great place to get a good view from is the Gym & Pool area.

I am pleased the room was to your liking and you enjoyed your stay

I hope to see you again very soon

Rob Everett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport. Clean, modern with friendly staff and a range of amenities at the hotel including gym, pool and sauna. Above average I think compared to most. The closest food is about a 7min walk unless you eat at the the hotel. This is to be expected as you are at an airport located hotel. Very nice and comfortable rooms too. Overall not too bad.

Stayed August 2014
Dear 'JayD82'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am really pleased that you found the hotel to be modern and to your liking. I think we are a great option for a quick overnight stay to/from Melbounre Airport, or longer term with our Gym & Pool areas.

We also have a good amount of parking available for those wanting to drive to Melbourne Airport.

I hope to see you again soon !

Melbourne
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived back late from Fiji and overnighted prior to flying home to Singapore. Staff were very helpful and professional. Room was spotless and comfortable and they allowed us a late checkout and kept our suitcases for the next day as our flight home wasn't until the next evening.
The shuttle service was convenient too.
Definitely made life a bit less stressful. Thank you. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear 'Dragonflymummy'

Thankyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am pleased you had the time to stay at our hotel and use the facilities. As a regular traveller & user of tripadvisor, I can see you are a regualr in hotels, so your feedback is very important to me.

My team and I are appreciative of your review - thankyou

Landsborough, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I arrived in the evening and left early in the morning, so didn't have time to make use of any facilities, apart from the room.
Airport shuttle was acceptable and the check-in process was smooth.
Room was very nice although the air-conditioning didn't seem to working (couldn't adjust), so I ended up turning it off.
Room service was very quickly, although quite pricey for what it was. Limited soft drink selection in the mini bar.
Business travel and would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear 'QLDMel'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay (albeit shorter than you would have liked). Thankyou for your comments on Room Service & Minibar

I hope to see you again soon. Once again, thankyou for your feedback

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the Mantra with two others overnight as had an early flight the next day. Got the park and stay package. We arranged for a family room (one king bed in one room and two singles in the other) and also got a cot and trundle bed in them for some unknown reason and the hotel wanted to charge us for these also when they were not required. The room was ok except that there were two sliding doors at the entrance of the bathroom that kept coming off their runners and were extremely annoying. I also found the bed far too soft for my liking and we had a view of the carpark next door out of the window. There was constant noise from the carpark of cars and people talking as well.

We had dinner at the restaurant which I didn't like and thought was extremely expensive. This hotel is trying to be something that it isn't (5+ stars) and charging accordingly! This will be my first and last stay at the Mantra Tullamarine. The only good thing that I appreciated was the free 15 minute use of the internet in the foyer computers as I do not have a smart phone and wanted to check my emails before heading to the airport. The carparking arrangement is also a bit confusing and we didn't have the number to call when we arrived back in Melbourne from overseas to get back to the hotel/carpark. This needs to be put on the paperwork from the Mantra please.

A hint that we figured out during our stay........the cheapest option is to go into the carpark next door directly and park your car there independantly of the hotel and then go into the hotel next door and stay if you want. This is cheaper than booking a park and stay package.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the carpark next door
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lissa76
Dear 'Lissa76'

Thankyou for your recent review on Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I appreciate your feedback on the hotel guest room and our Park/Stay/Fly package. I will have our maintenance team review the rollers on the bathroom door. My apologies

I was puzzled as to why the hotel had charged you for bedding that was not requested. I am pleased that this was removed form your account. But please accept my apologies.

I note that you had trouble calling the hotel upon your arrival back into Melbourne. The hotel phone number is on all confirmations, however I will ensure that the reservations team look to highlighting this better in the future

Once again, I am sorry your stay with us was not perfect. I would like to invite you back to the hotel - to prove to you that we can get it right. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, so I can ensure you are well looked after.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here as it was so close to the airport and a much cheaper option for accommodation than the Hotels right at the airport. The package with 7 days car parking makes it a really great deal and United Parking helped us arrive promptly to and from our flight. We only had one complaint that the TV kept losing signal. We would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren W
Dear 'Darren W'

Thanyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our Park Stay Fly package - this is a perfect option for those travelling some distance to/from Melbourne Airport, and the perfect way to unwind before or after a flight.

I am sorry to learn of your TV signal. I will ensure our Maintenance team review this guest room.

Once again, thanks for your feedback - I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Littlehampton, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Convenient hotel very close to the airport. All staff were pleasant and rooms spacious and luxurious. Excellent water pressure in showers and massive beds!

Room service was great and arrived very promptly.

Complimentary shuttle to airport was excellent and made the trip much easier.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear 'Schmenz1'

Thankyou for such a great review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel - its appreciated !

As someone who also enjoys a great night sleep, there is nothing better than a shower with great water pressure, then jumping into a kingsize (and comfy) bed ! - thanks for noticing.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rob Everett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Quest Melbourne Airport
#1 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!