“Fantastic rooms but leave time to get to airport”

Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed in interconnecting rooms to cater for two adults and three children. The rooms were of excellent standard, and we enjoyed the gym and pool which stayed open until 10.00pm. The only down side was that check out took a long time - together with waiting for the shuttle and travel to the terminal you should leave at least 30 minutes spare.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear 'StephanMichael'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am pleased you had a great stay and found our interconnecting rooms perfect for your family. This is the exact room that I stay in when my family visits - so its perfect for Mum & Dad and the kids !

I am sorry that your check-out took so long. This is unusual, as normally the aim of the reception team to to get people going asap, once they arrive to check-out (due to flights etc).

The shuttle service usually leaves every 5-8 minutes, so its sounds like you might have just missed one. Normally this service is very quick & efficient. Apologies !

I hope to see you back at the hotel again son. Please do not hesitate to contact me via reservations, to help with your booking

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed at the Mantra Tullamarine. Both have been overnight stays where we stayed knowing we had an early flight the next day. The free shuttle to and from the airport is excellent and regular. The rooms are clean, soundproof and modern. We actually had an interconnecting room. The walls need some painting in places as showing some signs of wear. But I slept really well on both occasions. The reception staff we encountered were very friendly. We didn't eat at the hotel or use the gym or pool, so I can't comment on those but nice to know the facilities are there. The only negative is the shower which has really poor pressure and barely any water comes out. Enough for a wash, but not much more. Anyway I'd recommend the hotel for a quick overnight stay due to the good pricing and transport to the airport.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 'Mark W'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel and thankyou for returning to the hotel for your second stay. Its appreciated !

I am really pleased that you had another great stay, and found all aspects of the hotel to your liking. I am sorry you didnt get a chance to use the restaurant and pool area - these are great parts of the property !

Thankyou for your comments regarding painting and water pressure. We discussed both these issues at our daily briefing this morning. For the record, there appears an issue with the shower head, as normally the hotel as excellent water pressure. Normally, its one of the best showers I have had.

Again, I appreciate your comments & look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is fantastic for a quick stopover or anyone with an early flight. Good service, a nice modern room and less than 10 minutes to the airport with a complimentary shuttle. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pink_Dragon22
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear 'Pink_Dragon22'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am really pleased that you had a great stay - albeit a quick one !

The hotel is ideally located close to Melbourne Airport - and I am pleased that you were able to use the shuttle service - its very quick & efficient.

I hope to see you again very soon at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Professional staff, and very helpful.. wanted the room facing the city.. but there was none left, the staff talked about how beautiful the other side is ( the one they gave us).. it was nice, a room facing the airport, we were able to see the planes take off and land

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear 'roshiie'

Thankyou for taking the time to provide such a great review about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel. Its appreciated !

We have some great views around the local area, however my favourite view is from the room that you ended up staying in - overlooking the airport and watching the lineup of planes landing. Whenever my family stays, my son is literally glued to the window watching & identifing planes land (or takeoff) all evening.

Another great place to get a good view from is the Gym & Pool area.

I am pleased the room was to your liking and you enjoyed your stay

I hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport. Clean, modern with friendly staff and a range of amenities at the hotel including gym, pool and sauna. Above average I think compared to most. The closest food is about a 7min walk unless you eat at the the hotel. This is to be expected as you are at an airport located hotel. Very nice and comfortable rooms too. Overall not too bad.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear 'JayD82'

Thankyou for taking the time to write about Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am really pleased that you found the hotel to be modern and to your liking. I think we are a great option for a quick overnight stay to/from Melbounre Airport, or longer term with our Gym & Pool areas.

We also have a good amount of parking available for those wanting to drive to Melbourne Airport.

I hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Arrived back late from Fiji and overnighted prior to flying home to Singapore. Staff were very helpful and professional. Room was spotless and comfortable and they allowed us a late checkout and kept our suitcases for the next day as our flight home wasn't until the next evening.
The shuttle service was convenient too.
Definitely made life a bit less stressful. Thank you. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear 'Dragonflymummy'

Thankyou for taking the time to review Mantra Tullamarine Hotel

I am pleased you had the time to stay at our hotel and use the facilities. As a regular traveller & user of tripadvisor, I can see you are a regualr in hotels, so your feedback is very important to me.

My team and I are appreciative of your review - thankyou

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I arrived in the evening and left early in the morning, so didn't have time to make use of any facilities, apart from the room.
Airport shuttle was acceptable and the check-in process was smooth.
Room was very nice although the air-conditioning didn't seem to working (couldn't adjust), so I ended up turning it off.
Room service was very quickly, although quite pricey for what it was. Limited soft drink selection in the mini bar.
Business travel and would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rob E, General Manager at Mantra Tullamarine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear 'QLDMel'

Thankyou for your recent review of Mantra Tullamarine Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay (albeit shorter than you would have liked). Thankyou for your comments on Room Service & Minibar

I hope to see you again soon. Once again, thankyou for your feedback

Rob Everett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Quest Melbourne Airport
Ciloms Airport Lodge
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to Mantra Tullamarine Hotel? Share your experiences!