“Convenient and Comfy!”

PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
“Convenient and Comfy!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here as a stop over with an early morning flight out tue next morning. Was very convenient, just across the road from the airport (2 mins walk). Rooms were very clean and modern, and we had a great view of the planes taking off and landing. The staff were very helpful, letting us check in early and changing our room after we accidently booked the wrong one. There is also a nice gym, pool, sauna, resturant and bar. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if I needed to be near the airport!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Tanyasusanp,
Thank you sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed such a convenient and comfy stay with us, with our wonderful reception team being able to accommodate an early check in for you. I look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport.
Craig Syphers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a 9.30am international flight so decided to stay at the Parkroyal overnight. Checked in around 4pm - look for the separate lift in between the two bridges on level 2 of the short term car park. Reception is on level 4. We spent an hour or so in the gym and swimming pool on Level 5 watching the planes coming & going. Went back to our room on level 6 also overlooking the airport - the non stop taxis and traffic was amazing to see. Room was very quiet, clean and a great layout. We went down to level 4 for dinner - bar food is good quality and variety at reasonable prices. The restaurant is just past the bar and the food is delicious but prices are much higher. We went over to the airport and organised our money exchange and went back to the hotel. Next morning we went to the airport and checked our luggage in and then went back to the hotel for their great breakfast ... nice leisurely start to our trip. Be sure to allow plenty of time to get through immigration and to get through the duty free shops...it may also be a long walk to your departure gate. There is a discount on parking in the undercover short term parking ... you will need a parking ticket to be validated and paid at the hotel on your return. Note that the machines at the entry to the car park no longer issue tickets so you have to go down to the parking office (ground level just next to the hotel) and obtain a ticket as soon as you arrive

Room Tip: You pay a bit more to have a room overlooking the airport but is great if you haven't been there...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear katorcaz,
I was so pleased to read that you found your stay with us a great way to start your holiday. Thank you for sharing your review and your great tip about our runway view rooms, with your fellow Tripadvisor travellers. I am pleased that you also enjoyed all of our facilities including our 24hr gym and pool, as well as our fantastic Airo restaurant and bar. I have noted your comments regarding the parking machines and rest assured they still produce tickets if you press the button, just be mindful to not insert your credit card as it will not produce a ticket in that instance. I look forward to welcoming you back again and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed overnight in an executive "suite". For me, a suite has stuff like a sofa or at least two armchairs, a coffee table and maybe even a small dining table. No such luck here. One armchair with ottoman, so the spouse gets to sit on the bed (the very comfortable bed). Lots of vacant space where there could have been furniture, instead it looked like a removal in progress. At least there was a desk. Free wifi was good. Yes it's convenient to the airport (3 mins checkout to checkin via covered walkway), and yes it's overpriced. Take a deluxe room (they come with desk, the runway view and an armchair) and save some money. Can't comment on food - got takeways from the terminal, lots of choice and pretty good. Minibar prices a complete rip-off - 50% more than at the Langham for a small wine! BYO, or drink in the terminal bar. TV didn't work on arrival but was promptly fixed, including a sneer from the maintenance guy. It's an airport hotel, whadda ya expect?

Room Tip: Don't take an executive suite - lots of space but very little furniture. Get a deluxe room inste...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FairComment888,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of your stay, being at your airport check in terminal within 3 minutes from check out and the complimentary wifi with your suite. I was however disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion and have discussed your comments further with my team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Cardassia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

There are some pros and cons of this generally quite excellent hotel. The hotel is amazingly close to the terminals, connected only by a short pedestrian bridge. The staff are great, food (both room service and Airo) is tasty and not particularly pricey and we love the hotel's $15/day parking offer in the undercover "short term" parking zones, just a stone throw away from the terminals. However, the question of value is not an easy one to answer. Basic rooms look in desperate need of an upgrade. They haven't changed since it was built and operated as Hilton some years ago. And the rates are quite high. I guess, one expects a lot when paying a lot.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

1 Thank WembleyTheFatCat
Dear WembleyTheFatCat,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed so many great benefits of staying at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport from the wonderful service and delicious dishes from our team to our location and the convenient parking when you’re travelling. I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Convenient location to Tullamarine airport, acessible via covered walkways.
We stayed for 1 night before catching an international flight the next morning.
Very comfortable, great night's sleep with no airport noise.
Bathroom was spacious with a great shower.
The restaurant is fantastic.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Shirra_Tas,
Thank you for your five star review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed such a comfortable stay with us and a great night’s sleep before your long flight. Thank you for recommending the PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport and our Airo restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have just spent 2 days at the hotel, great service, the staff are wonderful and the restaurant is superb. Only a one minute walk to the domestic & international terminals via an overhead walkway. Rental cars are found in the same complex which makes it extremely easy to pick up and return. The beds are exceptional and the runway view room I had was great, loved watching the activities of the airport, through my double glazed window without the noise of aircraft. Excellent selection of TV channels.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a runway view room, time just slip by watching the all that happens at the airport...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Debrorah E,

Thank you for sharing your review on tripadvisor and your great tip on watching all the action of the airport from your runway view room.
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, in particularly the service you received throughout your stay. I believe we have put together a fantastic team, with great enthusiasm – it’s nice to know we are heading in the right direction.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Charters Towers, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had the most amazing night's sleep at the Park Royal Melbourne Airport on Wednesday night. I was a guest of the hotel as I was lucky enough to win a FB competition earlier in the year. It worked out perfectly as I needed to fly down to pick up my granddaughter on that day and fly out the next. The king deluxe room was perfect, so warm and inviting and the bed was the best. The hotel was clean, great selection of toiletries, and very quiet. The staff were very polite and accommodating, both in the hotel and the restaurant. Room service was fast and yummy at near to midnight, and the buffet breakfast was the best I have had in a long, long time. Especially the eggs, hash browns and pastries. Late checkout was such a welcome bonus, I had a lovely sleep in and did not need to venture out into the Melbourne chill until it had warmed up. This was really great as I am a northerner though and through and prefer summer to winter anyway. I could not find fault with this hotel, speedy checkin, very comfortable, great service, excellent location! Cheers

Room Tip: I had a high room on the airport side. It was quiet despite the planes coming and going. I loved h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jenniferjane58,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Congratulations on winning our Facebook competition, I am pleased that we were the perfect place for you to stay. I was delighted to read of your positive experiences, from our warm and inviting beds to our great service. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again, on your next adventure to chilly Melbourne.
Craig Syphers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Mantra Tullamarine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!