“Highly recommended”

PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Tullamarine
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Extremely comfortable stay and lovely room with great views over airport. Makes life very easy to use the joining walk way to the airport to check out and walk straight across to the airport with your bags.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Janine C,
Thank you so very much for your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed an extremely comfortable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport again.
Craig Syphers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Banos, Ecuador
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed at the Park Royal Hotel because of an early departure I had booked for Africa this june. The rooms modern clean and spacious and the hotel itself expressed all you would need for a Quality Hotel in Melbourne. I had a room overlooking the runway so my son had great delight in watching the comings and goings of the various planes. Rooms are well soundproofed so there was no noise problems and overall I had a great nights sleep in preparation for the long flights to Africa and onwards.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the runway.
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear michaelbrkeaustralia,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you and your son enjoyed our exciting runway views, as well as a great nights’ sleep before your long flight to Africa. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your journey and look forward to welcoming you back before your next adventure.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

From checkin to drinks in the bar and also dinner in the restaurant the service and food was exceptional my room was great spacious and I had a nice view looking over the airport a most enjoyable stay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Pamela H
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Pamela H,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent positive experiences. I am delighted that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, in particular the service you received throughout the hotel. I have passed your feedback on to the team to congratulate them on job well done. I look forward to welcoming you back for another most enjoyable stay.
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My third stay in 18 months prior to overseas travels. The location is what keeps me coming back. For an early long haul flight staying at the Parkroyal means I can have extra zzzz, instead of driving through traffic and arriving rushed and stressed. I love just walking out of the hotel and across the walkway to check-in for my flight. The first stay wasn't brilliant but since then it has been great. The room was clean and still well presented, I love the large bathroom with separate bath and shower. We joined their loyalty program which gives us an upgrade and free internet - bonus!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ashjay,
Thank you for sharing your recent PARKROYAL experience with your fellow travellers. As a loyal guest, I am delighted that you enjoyed a great stay with us again and am pleased that you have joined our GHA loyalty programme. I look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Don't expect anything special from this hotel. You are paying for the convenience of being so close to the airport and nothing else.
Not asked if we needed help with our bags at check in.
Waited a long time to be seated at the restaurant for dinner, however meal came out fairly quickly and was delicious. Breakfast was also delicious with a large selection to choose from (though you would hope so at $25 per person)
We had a runway veiw room. I would not bother with this again as the room we had was not high up enough to be able to see plans land or take off. Could only see virgin planes taxi.
Bathroom was a bit grubby, shower very close to toilet. Also some soap scum at bottom of shower and a loose cracked tile which is sure to cause trouble as some stage soon.

Best this about Hotel is that it is so close to the airport and the bed is divine.

Dear C W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed not only our location, but your delicious meals in Airo for dinner and at breakfast as well as our bespoke pillow top beds for a great night’s sleep. We take all feedback from guests in the constructive manner intended and thank you for highlighting your concerns. I was disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations and have passed your comments on to the relevant managers to follow through. I do hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back.
Merrijig, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Apart from the dreaded parking situation at Melbourne's finest airport, we found the ParkRoyal an excellent choice for staying, a little confusing trying to find the bridge to the airport, apart from the long walk it was easy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Christopher D,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us. You will be pleased to note that we also offer packages that include parking which are available on our website. I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Bendigo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We're staying at the hotel again - it's become a habit to stay here when we have an early flight the next day.

Our check-in was quick and efficient, and Nicholas was very friendly. The room upgrade was very much appreciated- the runway views are fantastic, and the room is spacious and well-appointed.

We had dinner in the restaurant and both had great meals. Monika and the other servers we interacted with were courteous and attentive, giving terrific service.

This stay is the start of a wedding anniversary holiday, and the hotel's giving us a great start to the trip. We'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Runway rooms offer a great view, and are also well soundproofed.
Dear Terri-Anne K,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent stay at PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport. I was delighted to read that you, once again enjoyed a great nights’ stay with us and great start to your anniversary trip. I have passed on your positive comments to our team to congratulate them on a job well done and thank you for acknowledging our team, in particular Nicholas and Monika. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again and again.
Craig Syphers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullamarine
Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport
Ciloms Airport Lodge
#6 of 7 in Tullamarine
Quality Hotel Melbourne Airport
Best Western Airport Motel & Convention Centre

Been to PARKROYAL Melbourne Airport? Share your experiences!